Chapter 4 - Dr Glass

Hiiiiiiii so i got a vote :D I'm trying to figure out how to see who this wonderful person is but i'm failing :P but yeah the break is nearly over :'( Urghh i don't want to go back to school i would much rather live in falling skies :P Ohh and btw this story might be a bit confusing if you haven't seen season 1 of falling skies, this is around episode 6, and from there i'm taking over MOWHAHHAHAHAHAHAH, yeah........ i'm weird.......

- Gelaicia

Skylar's POV: 

The last thing i could remember was a sharp pain in my thigh, Hal must have accidentally shot me when he killed the skitter. That fucking idiot, he needs to learn how to aim! The pain wasn't as bad as before but i could still not open my eyes.

I could hear people talking but i couldn't really make out what they said, i think that they were talking about me because i heard my name a few times. I tried moving my hands with all my power and i could feel my fingers moving. "Hold on Hal i think she's waking up" i heard someone say. 

Hal's POV:

"HAL SHOOT FOR GODS SAKE!" Skylar screamed as she was lying defendsless under the skitter. I grabbed my gun and shot at the skitter untill it fell to the ground. I ran up to Skylar to help her up but she had passed out and was bleading really bad from her upper thigh, god dammit i've must have accidentally shot her. "Captain Weaver!" I shouted hoping that he would hear me and thank god he did. 

We got Skylar up on the truck and i told maggie to take Skylar's bike and stuff back to the school as i pressed on her thigh to stop the bleeding. As we carried her in people were staring at us, i can't blame them, we come running in with an unknown girl who's name is the only thing we know about her, but not only that she's also unconsious and bleeding. 

We walked in to our medical room that looked like it used to be the schools science lab before the attack. Dr Glass ran up to me and motioned to me to lay Skylar down on one of the beds. "What happened!? I though that you were only going out to get food, and you come back with a bleeding stranger!?" she asked me while she was cutting Skylar's jeans open so she could have a better look.  "Well i found her sneaking around in the food store and she seemed to be alone so i said that she could come back to the second mass, and captain weaver told her that to, and she said yes and that she was only going back to her house to get some of her stuff, around 20 minutes later i heard a motorcycle so i thought that it must've been Skylar coming back, so i went to meet her but when i got to her she was being attacked by a skitter so i shot it! But i've must accidentally shot her aswell!" i said all out of breath from explaing to dr Glass what happened.

"Okay take it easy Hal i will take care of her why don't you go and sit down by Ben he could wake up any moment but i don't know it might be another day" she said trying to calm me down, so i did as she told me i went and sat down by my brother who was lying almost lifeless on the bed on the opposite side of were Skylar was. 

The day the aliens attacked my brother had been over at his friends house we thought that he had been harvested by the aliens, that is what we call it when the kids have those things on their back and are being controled by the aliens. Me my dad and my brother Matt had escaped from our house and we had found our mother dead near the food store. Then Captain Weaver welcomed us to the second mass and we have moved trying to find a safe place ever since. But when i was out scouting the other day i saw Ben, and we were right, he had been harvested. But thankfully we got him back and dr Glass had removed his harness. He hadn't woken up yet thought and i was kind of worried but i know he will make it through. I turned around because i couldn't look at him when he looked like that.... like he was dead. And that's when i noticed Skylar was awake. 

Skylar's POV: 

"Okay take it easy Hal i will take care of her why don't you go and sit down by Ben he could wake up any moment but i don't know it might be another day" I heard someone say and this time i could hear it clearly. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a woman not much older than maybe 30 with darkbrown hair and eyes. "Hi i'm Anne but most know be by Dr Glass" she told me with a slight smile on her face, i could already tell that she was friendly. "I'm Skylar" I told her with a pain in my voice, the pain in my leg was worse than before. "I'm sorry but we don't have much anesthesia left we gave most to Ben over there when we removed his harness" 

That's when i turned around and saw a boy maybe my age with dirty blonde hair, just lying there almost lifeless, "is he alive?" i asked scared "hah yes, he's just ... sleeping i think you could call it?" "How do you know he will be back to normal?" I said as i looked at the boy, his spikes were sticking up of his spine, looking pretty cool if i'm going to be honest. 

"We had a doctor here a couple of days ago from another group who had done it to a couple of other kids, unfortunately he was killed by a skitter" Anne told me "OW!" i screamed as she started digging around in my leg. "I'm sorry but we need to take the bullet out and close up the wound"  "Oh fuck!" i said, i mean i had gotten hurt before but not like this and not without anesthesia! "Sounds like you two are having fun over here" Hal said as he came up to us. "Yeah, a blast" I shot back sarcasticlly. "Wow, shouldn't you be thankful that i saved your life or something?" He said with a smirk on his face, yeah verry funny... "And then shot me in the leg! OUCH!" I screamed as Dr Glass digged deeper into my leg. "I think i've got it" she then said "thank god" i said as she pulled the bullet out of my leg.

As dr Glass had wrapped up my leg i heard someone groaning and i turned my head to the boy on the other side of the room. "Dr Glass! He's waking up!" Hal screamed smiling , i haven't seen a smile like that in a long time. "Hal?" the boy who just woke asked, he looked confused as he looked around the room, and then his eyes met mine. His eyes were a dark green and it felt like he was staring into my soul. I then broke our eye contact and stared down at the floor, i wasn't used to people looking at me especially boys plus that he was shirtless. I could feel my cheeks burning up  oh god..... akward... "Hello Ben i'm Dr Glass, i'm just going to make sure that you're fine and if you are then your brother can give you and Skylar, who's also new here a tour and go and meet Captain Weaver who's our first in command" Anne said to Ben who seemed to be pretty calm. "But Hal don't forget to bring them both back here because i need them to stay in here just for tonight, okay?"     "Sure thing" Hal said 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knooow weird place to end but it's like 11 in the evening and i just wanted to get something up here tonight :P I'm pretty sure what i'm going to do for the next few chapters but then i'm completely out of ideas, give me some? :P 

Well don't forget to comment, fan and vote!

- Gelaicia