The thing friends do Ch. 1

"Yes, Danny, I will be at tryouts. Did you forget that I have to take pictures for the yearbook?" I say as I walk over to my window, my cell clutched in my hand.

I roll my eyes when I see Jackson flexing in front of his full length mirror. He never closes his curtains. It's always guessing game if he's naked or not.

"I just wanted to make sure that my best friend is going to be there. I'll take you to that club I go to if you do. Who knows maybe you'll get over your obsession over Lydia." He chuckles.

I shake my head. "For your information, it's not an obsession. It's a crush. Don't be confusing me with Stiles. Now please tell me why I'm friends with the egotistical jerk that's my neighbor?"

I look back to where Jackson was. Yep, still flexing. My eyes are going to be forever at the back of my head.

Danny laughs at me. "Because you love me. I mean if you weren't friends with him, you wouldn't have meet me. And I'm pretty awesome."

I laugh. He's right. Back in middle school, Jackson was cooler. Danny had just moved here and Jackson was the first one to talk to him. Eighth grade is when Jackson and Lydia got together. In ninth is when they became "the couple". That also happens to be the year where I developed my crush on her.

It's a simple crush, really. Who can blame me? Lydia Martin is what every girl wants to be and every guy wants to be with. I had to fall for a straight girl. It happens sometimes. Sexuality is sometimes confusing.

I look out the other window, the one that faces the street. A familiar jeep pulls into my drive way. Sighing, I walk downstairs.

"Hey I got to go, I'll talk to you tomorrow at school?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure. I've got to go to sleep anyways," he said.

I hang up as I grab my keys off the counter in the kitchen. I walk over to the door and open it. Stiles stood there with his arm raised, about to knock.He looked surprised.

"Oh, hey Sage. Um, yeah, uh... I overheard my dad on the phone. Guess what?!" He definitely didn't take his adhd meds.

"What is it this time, Stiles? And you need to take your medicine on a regular basis." I cross my arms.

"They found a body!! Can you imagine? Do you want to come? I got to get Scott anyway."

A little back story about Stiles. His dad is the sheriff. Stiles would get in a lot more trouble he wasn't. If his eyes get any wider, they're going to pop out of his head.

"Stiles, did anyone tell you it was rude to listen in on someone's phone call?" I laugh at his expression. "But to answer your question, yes. I'm tired of looking at Jackson through my window."

I shut the door behind me and lock it. Looks like we're going to be gone a while. I walk with him over to Roscoe, the old jeep. It was his mother's. Even though it breaks down from time to time, he will never part from it.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with Scott and Stiles. Seeing as they weren't very popular, they didn't sit with my other friends. Which happened to include Lydia, the girl that I liked. She so happens to be Stiles' crush as well, but he's liked her since third grade. I've only just began to like her.

"Do you think that you and Scott are going to make first line this year?" I asked once we got into the car.

They played lacrosse. He looked over at me with a quizzical face.

"It could happen you know. I mean, it's a new school year. Maybe coach would be less, you know, himself this year." I shrugged.

He scoffed. "That's funny. You should be a comedian. Seriously you could be the next Kathy Griffin." He said sarcastically as he backed out of the driveway.

I settled against the door and looked out the window.

"Well Kathy Griffin isn't funny, but nice try though. Any information on the body?" I figured I might as well ask now because it'll be a while before I get any information.

Stiles laughed at me. He's lucky he's my friend and I tolerate him.

"I'll tell you more about that when we talk Scott into joining. He'll be more likely to come since you'll be coming. You're puppy face will make a criminal do anything you want."

I hopped out as Stiles put the jeep in park. Only pausing to look back at Stiles, I began walking to the door. When I got to the steps, Stiles grabbed my arm.

"Wait, wait. You don't have a key. Let's go through his window."

He began walking around to climb up on the roof of the porch, all while trying not to fall.

"Are you sure about that Stiles?" I asked nervously.

"What? He didn't answer his phone. Might as well."

"You could fall!"

"No I won't, you'll catch me."

"Your lucky I even came out with you."

Shaking my head, I looked at the house. There were no lights on. Of course he would be asleep. It was 10 o'clock. Stiles knew how to pick the wrong time.

I walked over to the side of the porch and looked up at Stiles. He was almost to Scott's window. That's when I heard footsteps.

"Stiles!" I whispered.

He looked down at me, probably wondering what I was doing. I motioned toward the house. The footsteps were getting louder. They sounded like they were coming from inside. A door creaked open. I duck down below the railing of the porch, thinking it was Mrs McCall.

Stiles scrambled toward the edge of the roof. As soon as he stuck his head down, here came Scott swinging a baseball bat. All three of us screamed.

"Do you even play baseball?!" Stiles shrieked.

"I thought you were a predator!" Scott yelled.

Scott put down the bat down and finally looked over at me, realizing I was there. "Oh hey Sage, what are you doing here?"

I rolled my eyes. "I got dragged here. It was Stiles' idea anyways. Speaking of Stiles, how are you getting down?"

He looked at me. "Ok first, you came with me willingly. Second that's not important. Scott, my dad just left house. He got a call about how two joggers found a body."

Stiles was waving his arms around in his usual manner. I wondered how he didn't fall.

"A body? Like a dead body?" Scott asked.

"No a body of water. Yes dumbass a dead body!" Stiles exclaimed.

Stiles finally fell off the roof with a loud thud. I winced.

"You going with us?" Stiles looked a bit too cheerful about this whole dead body business.

Something occurred to me. "Wait Stiles, if they got a call about a dead body, why are we going to find it?"

"That's just it. They only found half."

-------------------------------------------

I'm slowly but surely trying to catch all of my errors in this book. While this isn't exactly an update, it's a correction. I had taken a long break from wattpad. I didn't mean to, it just happened. I do not know when I'll publish another chapter, as I'm currently writing one, while also editing a lot. So hopefully, it reads a lot easier.