Psychotic Ch. 15

Allison and I stayed in the bathroom talking the rest of the period. It looked like she really needed this. I could tell that she didn't have a close relationship with many people before. She and I more in common than I thought.

The bell rang, making me wince. I was still getting used to the sensitive hearing.

"Are you going to sit with me at lunch?" She asks.

"Yeah, but I got to meet up with Scott for a second. He's going to get an earful from me." I say linking my arm through hers as we walked to the cafeteria.

"Don't be too harsh on him, ok?" She smiles as she says it.

"Hey, no promises." I say, giving her a knowing look.

She bumps her shoulder into mine as we enter the cafeteria, then we split. I headed over to Scott and Stiles' table and I whack the back of Scott's head as I sit next to him.

"What was that for?!" He yelped.

"You know what for." I glare at him.

"I was doing what you said."

"I said be nice to her, not make her feel bad about what she did."

"That doesn't mean you have to abuse me." He says, rubbing the back of his head.

"If you do stupid stuff, you get whacked." I shrug.

"This is why I should make the plans. Scott, your plans usually suck." Stiles puts in.

I roll my eyes and get up. "Well this has been fun, but I need to get back to Allison. She and I need to discuss why I was mentioned to her aunt. I get to have dinner with the psychotic aunt."

I walk over to where Allison was sitting by Lydia. I take the seat in front of Danny. I take a fry off of his tray and plop it in my mouth. The look on his face tells me he wants to get something out of me.

"What's with the look?" I say taking another fry.

"What look?" He's trying to be coy but it's not working this time.

"That look. The one where you're going to be a concerned best friend." I poke his face for emphasis.

"What's so bad about that?" He slides the cup of fries to me.

"Nothing, but get the questions out already. The suspense is killing me." I'm really glad he gave me his fries because I'm starving.

"Ok, if you command it." He shrugs.

He studies my face for a minute. "Have you been sleeping, like at all?"

I touch the bags under my eyes. "Yeah, I've been sleeping. What does it have to do with anything?"

"You look like you haven't had any sleep in days, possibly weeks. How many hours of sleep have you gotten?" His eyebrows scrunch together into a concerned look.

"Um, 7 I think." I look everywhere but at him.

"Last night?"

"In two weeks."

"If you were having trouble sleeping, you could've told me."

"It's only nightmares. I can handle them. If I don't sleep." I look down at my hands.

"Sage. You know you don't have to deal with it alone. You could always come over to my house." He assured me.

"And what? Wake you up with my screaming? I can deal with it by myself."

"Why are you so adamant about this?"

"Because I'm nothing more than a burden." I say, defeated.