48 Hours Ch. 9

I was at my house feeling sorry for myself; depression is a never ending cycle, when Allison called out of the blue. She wanted advice on what to wear for tonight.

"What should I wear tonight Sage?" She asked.

"Something cute, possibly flirty. Maybe something low cut. Don't be afraid to show some skin," I say.

"How low cut? What if it's too low? Oh my gosh, Sage help me please?" She asked freaking out.

"Calm down, Alli. If you want I'll come over to help you," I suggested.

"Thank you. I'll let my parents know you're coming over," she said.

I put on some sandals, not bothering to change out of my oversized t shirt and sweatpants. I go downstairs only to realize that I couldn't drive. I turn the corner and into the kitchen. That's when I bumped into my dad.

"Oh, hey, just because you have a cast doesn't mean you can just bump into people," he says while smiling.

"That was so funny I forgot to laugh," I roll my eyes. "Hey, can you drop me off at a friend's house?"

"I'll think about it." He tapped on his chin.

I use my puppy dog face. Usually works, and it does.

"Oh why not? At least you have friends now," he laughs.

"Hey! I do have friends. Not that many, but I have them," I was offended.

He rolls his eyes and grabs his keys. You see where I get that from?

It didn't take long to get to her house. Well, she only lived a couple of blocks away. I get out of the car, thanking my dad for the ride. I walk up to the door. As I put my hand up to knock, it swung open.

A woman I've absolutely never seen in my life was standing in the doorway. I know she's not Allison's mom, I've met her. Before I could say anything, she pulls me into a hug.

She pulls back. "You must be Sage. Allison was just telling us about you."

I was so confused. She must've seen it on my face.

"Oh, I'm Allison's aunt. The name's Kate," she held out a hand.

I shook it.

"Well, it's nice to meet you. Where's Allison?" I asked.

"Oh, right. She's upstairs in her room. Come on I'll show you."

She moved to where I could come in. We walked through the living room. Allison's mom was sitting on the couch, watching a documentary about wolves in their natural environment.

Not strange at all.

Snap out of it, Sage. Not everyone knows about werewolves. I could see Allison's father standing in the kitchen doorway. I gave him a small wave. He nodded in my direction. Something was off, I could tell.

I just couldn't place my finger on it. We walked upstairs. There were a few pictures on the walls. Not a whole lot but enough to make look like someone lived here.

We ended up at a door in the middle of the hallway. Kate knocked on the door, asking if she could in. Allison's face appeared and she looked frazzled. Maybe because of tonight. Her face lit up when she saw me.

"Oh hey, Sage. Didn't expect you this soon. Come on in."

She opened the door and moved to the side. I turn back to Kate.

"Thank you for showing me up here," I gave her a smile.

"No problem. I'm just glad she's making friends."