School days Ch.3

Thanks to Stiles leaving me stranded last night, I didn't get home until after 1 a.m. I still managed to get up at 6 and get ready for school.

I know, I know, school doesn't start till eight, but I wanted to get a great outfit for the first day. I decided on a black mini skirt paired with a white tank top with a llama on it, and paired it with a leather jacket.

I really love Converse. I've got several pairs, multiple colors. I grabbed the galaxy print because I'm out of this world. I laughed at my joke. Well, at least I think I'm funny, that's all that matters.

Almost ready, got to have accessories. I put my lip ring on and couple of necklaces. Not even going to bother with makeup. Liking what I saw in the mirror, I picked up my purse and keys. Wait, almost forgot my phone. Thankfully I charged it before I fell asleep.

Well since it was seven, I'd stop and get some breakfast at my favorite cafe on main street. The drive there was uneventful and short because there was barely any traffic. I love this time of morning.

I walked in and smelled the coffee. Got to have coffee; it's my reason to get up in the morning. This cafe happens to have the best. Anyways, I sat down in my favorite booth. It was in the corner and I could look out the window. I loved watching the cars go by. It was nice.

The waitress came over and took my order, as if was going to change. Chocolate chip pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs. Their pancakes are amazing to be honest. Light and fluffy and totally worth the calories. Besides I was on the track team so that helped with losing the extra calories.

The bell over the door twinkled, bringing my attention to the guy in the leather jacket and dark black hair. It was him, Derek freaking Hale. I honestly wasn't expecting him to show up here.  Well, to be fair I just me him last night. He does look familiar though.

I quickly looked away before he caught me staring. I pulled out my phone and started strolling through social media. Out of the corner of my eye saw the waitress bring my order and sit it in front of me. I thanked her and dug in. So good. I haven't had these in a while.

Derek had slid in the booth, sitting across from me. The waitress came and took his order, then walked off.

"What brings you here?" I said, sipping on my coffee.

"Oh, I used to come here when I was younger," he took off his sunglasses. "Since I moved back, I haven't had a chance to come back until now."

Oh, that's right. The Hale house fire. I almost forgot about it. It feels like forever ago. The waitress brings him a coffee, he takes a long sip.

"Why are you up so early?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I had to get up early to get ready for school. I decided to come and get breakfast, seeing as I'm not the best cook in Beacon Hills. Besides the pancakes here are delicious." I said.

"I like the coffee. Even though it doesn't have the desired effect." He shrugged.

"I love their coffee. It's the best. I think it's better than Starbucks," I said smugly.

He chuckled. He'd looked better if he smiled. I look outside and see his challenger parked by me.

"I see you like muscle cars. Sure they're pretty and all, but there's nothing like having the wind racing around you when you're on a motorcycle."

"I should've known that was your motorcycle outside," He said pointing to my red helmet that was beside me.

My motorcycle was cherry red with chrome accents. She was gorgeous. My pride and joy.