The Party Ch. 5

The beeping of my alarm clock drug me out of my sleep. My head was pounding. Did the music in the club have to be so loud? I got up and went downstairs to fix me a glass of water and take some medicine. I was so glad we didn't have practice this morning. There was practice this afternoon, but hopefully my headache would be gone by then.

Today I was going to wear something simple because I didn't have the mental energy to pick out an entire outfit. I put some skinny jeans and an over sized hoodie on. It was my dad's from when he was in college.

I grabbed my purse and keys, then walked out the door. I was glad I had left my helmet on my motorcycle last night because I would have forgot it.

Driving to school this morning was uneventful. The medicine I took was taking affect when I pulled into a spot. I saw Stiles talking to Scott. Scott didn't look like he was having any of what Stiles was talking about. Then he walked off. Stiles just looked at a loss for words.

"Is Scott okay? He looked kinda pissed off."

Stiles twirled around with a startled expression.

"Don't scare people like that Sage!! I almost had a heart attack." He clutched his chest dramatically.

"Well, it would help if you actually paid attention to your surroundings. Anyways are you going to answer my question?" I glared at him.

"I think Scott may be a werewolf. It's not a coincidence that he heard howling then got bit that night in the woods. Wait did you hear howling that night?"

"Yeah, it wasn't too far from where me and Scott ended up...." I was unsure if should continue. He gestured for me to go on.

"We had fallen down a hill after Scott had gotten spooked. I think he saw the other half of the body. After we got up, I had used my flashlight on my phone to see. Scott had stopped to look at something, when I turned back to look at what it was a herd of deer jump over a fallen tree. One of them bumped into me, causing me to land on my stomach. That's when I heard Scott scream. He ran off before I could get up and ask what happened."

"Did anything else happen?" He raised an eyebrow.

"That's when it got creepy. I heard a twig snap. I had froze, I didn't know what to do. I could feel an animal breathing on the back of my neck. Then it touched my neck with it's claws." I showed him where it touched me. "It's claws felt so sharp. What was creepy though was that it said my name."

Stiles shuddered. "Okay, we're going to have this conversation at my house after practice today. I'll get Scott to come over too."

He turned and ran up the stairs. I began walking up the stairs into the school, when I got in I was bombarded by Allison and Lydia.

"Hey Sage, how's it going?" Lydia aked.

I gaped at her.

"What? Did I say something wrong?" She asked

"No, but that's the first full sentence you've said to me." I said, shocked.

She looked shocked. "I don't know why, seeing as you're friends with Jackson. I don't know why I haven't said anything before."

"Well, since you are now talking to me I guess we can be friends." 

I just became friends with Lydia Martin.

"On that note, are you coming to Jackson's party tonight?" Allison asked. I'm so glad she changed the subject.

"Yeah I was. It would suck staying at home when the fun was happening literally next door. Jackson's my neighbor." I clarified.