Chapter 4

"Alex?" Tobin asked.

"Yeah?" Her voice was muffled because of the helmet.

"You can let go now. We've stopped moving..."

"Oh. Sorry."

Alex hadn't even realized she had closed her eyes during the motorcycle ride. All she did was pray that she didn't fall off. She loosened her grip on Tobin, letting the girl breathe and maneuver more easily.

"What is this place?" Alex asked once she removed the helmet and she was safely on the ground. Her legs were a bit shaky, it being her first time to ever ride on a two-wheeled death trap.

The building had a retro look going on about it. It was covered in neon lights and music could be heard playing from inside.

"It's an arcade. My dad used to bring me here when I was little," Tobin explained. She wrapped an arm around Alex's shoulder and led them inside. Inside it was dark with black lights everywhere. Anyone wearing white stood out.

The 'arcade' wasn't really an arcade at all. It was more like a hangout? Sure there was arcade games such as PacMan, first person shooting games, and racing, but it was more like mini Dave and Busters. There were pool tables, and there was a dining area and mini skate park. It was really cool.

"This place is so cool!" Alex said in awe.

"Yeah its pretty dope," Tobin agreed, smiling at the look on Alex's face.

"Tobin!" A deep voice exclaimed. A man, about 5'11'' in a Hawaiian shirt was walking towards them with his arms spread out wide. Alex could tell he was older than he actually looked. Grey hair was forming on the side of his head, but the rest for the most part was black. "It's so good to see you!"

"Hey Uncle Phil," Tobin greeted, releasing Alex to give the giant man a hug. "How's life?"

"Pretty good. Pretty boring since you haven't been around lately. Don't tell me you've actually been going to school..."

"I take offense to that!" Alex giggled at the two, bringing the attention of Uncle Phil on her.

"And who is this pretty lady? Girlfriend?" Alex blushed, unable to say anything and Tobin scratched the back of her neck.

"No this is Alex Morgan," Tobin said like it explained everything.

"Ah the girl you talked about for hours a couple weeks ago?" Now it was the badass' turn to blush and Alex was the one smirking.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," she greeted.

"Call me Uncle Phil. Everyone does," he said taking her hand.

"We're gonna go now." Tobin grabbed Alex's hand and dragged her away from the man before he could get another chance to make her blush. She never blushed. Never.

..

"I just got hustled," Tobin murmured to herself. "I don't believe this," she said louder. Alex was celebrating in front of her, waving the pool stick around in circles, almost hitting a few people.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Alex Morgan has done it again! And the crowd goes wild!"

"You cheated!"

"Did not."

"Well you made me think you sucked at pool!"

When the two got to the pool table earlier, Alex couldn't even hit the que ball without it flying off the table. So, Tobin taught her how to hold the stick properly, coming behind her to press her body against hers. She whispered in her ear and told her how to aim and shoot. The soccer player looked like she was struggling at first so Tobin went as far as going though the motions with her.