Chapter 8

"Shh!" Hope brought her attention to some kid with a hoodie who was trying to sleep with his face buried deep in some textbook and glared at him. They were in the library studying- well actually Kelley was studying and Hope was just there- and apparently she was talking too loud for him.

"Sorry dude," Hope apologized sarcastically, then turning back to look at Kelley. "I can't wait for this day to be over."

"Same," the defender sighed, tilting her head to read the next passage. Her hair drooped down and successfully created a curtain to block her girlfriend's view of her face. Hope tucked the hair behind her ear.

She scooted her chair closer to Kelley and put an arm around her shoulders. The defender was too busy jotting down notes on a stack of index cards to notice. Hope didn't like the fact that Kelley's attention wasn't on her. The tall brunette nuzzled her face in her girlfriend's neck and inhaled the scent that was Kelley.

"Hope stop, I have to study. I need to pass this test," the defender said distractedly, her eyes still glued to the cards. Her girlfriend planted a kiss on her jaw.

"Kel, the lowest grade you have is like a 97."

"This is a quiet section you know," the hooded guy stated, glaring at Hope. She threw up her middle finger at him.

"Yes I know, but I like to keep my grades up and do all my work at school so I don't have to worry about it at home. Do you really want me to be doing work while we are at the beach instead of doing...other things with you?" she asked suggestively. Hope thought about it and no. No she did not. But still, she wanted attention from Kelley right now.

"Babe, why don't you take a break? You've been working really hard," Hope tried. She turned her girl's head to try to kiss her. Kelley leaned in so their lips were brushing up against each other. But just as fast as the contact came, it was gone in seconds and she was standing up, leaving Hope dazed.

"I just remembered that I promised Alex I'd meet her before 6th. I'll see you after the game."

By the time Hope had composed herself and was on her feet, Kelley was already out the double doors. Oh she is good...

"Dammit!"

"SHHH!"

"No, how about you 'shh!' the fuck up!" Hope hissed.

"Don't be pissed at me cause you couldn't get any action," he mumbled. Hope groaned and ran a hand through her thick hair. She couldn't even respond. He was right.

..

During half time of the game, Tobin left Hope in the stands to go down to concessions. She was starving and she knew she couldn't wait another 45+ minutes. The line was long, but to fill her stomach at least a little would be worth the wait. She sighed loudly as some lady with three kids had stepped up. The children were bouncing around everywhere and she hardly got a word out without one of them tugging on her to get her attention.

Wonderful, she thought.

"Hey," a petite blonde said to Tobin. The badass looked expectantly at the people around, waiting for them to respond, and then realized that she was the one being spoken to.

"Oh um, hey," she said carelessly, turning her attention back to the unmoving line. She stuffed her hands in her camo cargo shorts and distributed her weight to her right leg.

"I'm Vanessa." Tobin noticed that Vanessa had really pretty green eyes. "I go to North Shore." North Shore was the team that Diamond Bar was playing tonight.

"Oh yeah? You guys are getting your asses beat." Diamond Bar had kept possession of the ball most of the first half and Alex had already scored twice.