Chapter 14

"I'm sorry about that," Tobin apologized, rubbing the back of her neck. She sat down next to Alex, who was sitting on her bed with her legs tucked underneath her. "...about Hope walking in on us and for the uh..." Tobin didn't know how to word her sentence. "I didn't mean for it to get that far."

"It's fine. If I didn't want it to get that far, we would've stopped way before Hope came in," Alex smiled reassuringly.

"Lex?" she asked.

"Yeah?"

"You would tell me if it was too much right? I mean like...do you feel like I'm pressuring you or anything?"

"Tobin of course I don't feel like you are pressuring me. And with anyone else I would tell them to slow down, but with you it feels natural you know? We've only been together officially for almost two weeks, but I feel like we've been together forever."

Tobin sighed relieved that Alex one) didn't feel like she was being pressured and two) completely understood her.

"I feel the same way," she breathed out. The forward smiled and crawled into her girlfriend's lap.

A comfortable silence passed between them as they listened to all the outside noises. They could faintly hear the TV in the living room over the rain that was hitting the rooftop.

"I want to meet your mom," Tobin said after a while. "Like officially." The forward lifted her head up.

"You do?" Who knew her girlfriend could be so old-fashioned?

"Yeah. Just say when and we'll go up the the hospital. We'll spend all day with her if you want," she offered.

"Thank you," Alex whispered. "I would love for you two to spend time together."

..

"Tobin we have to get to class," Alex said breathlessly.

"Fourth period isn't going anywhere Lex," Tobin pointed out, trying to kiss her girlfriend again before she could protest. The two were pretty much the only ones left in hallways, except for the occasional student that was speed walking so they wouldn't be late.

Tobin could tell that Alex's resolve was starting wane when her breath hitched because had nibbled on her ear.

"If we left right now, no one would notice..." She moved her lips down to the forward's neck and nibbled there as well. Their lips touched once more, and Tobin couldn't stop herself from slipping her tongue in Alex's mouth. She smirked when her girlfriend didn't resist.

It was another 30 seconds, which wasn't long enough for Tobin, before Alex finally pulled away for good.

"Baby I've missed enough class as it is. I can't miss any more." Tobin groaned, but released Alex from her trap anyway. The forward fixed her skirt and tugged it down so it was fingertip length again, and adjusted her shirt that got a little skewed during their make-out session.

The bell rang the second they walked through the door. Tobin went to her seat that was somewhat in the back and Alex went to hers that was up front, which was once again next to Kelley. The seating chart had been rearranged just to mix things up a bit.

"As much as y'all were sucking face in the halls, I didn't think you two would make it out alive, let alone make it to class," Kelley commented when Alex sat down beside her.

"That's funny Kell."

"You might want to fix your ponytail." The forward gave Kelley a look, but did as her best friend suggested.

The teacher had started the lesson almost 15 minutes ago, but Tobin wasn't paying attention from the very beginning. Her mind was on Alex and how beautiful she was, how caring she is towards everyone and everything, and how she probably purposely wore a short skirt today, just to play with Tobin's emotions.