Chapter 11

Warning: abuse and mention of illegal substances

Tobin woke up Monday morning and immediately knew that something was wrong. In her heart she felt as if something was out of place. She didn't like it.

Her suspicions were proven correct when she waited out in the courtyard all morning and Alex still hadn't shown up to school. At first she thought that maybe her girlfriend was just late, but she realized that wasn't the case when she tried calling her girlfriend multiple times and she didn't answer. None of her texts were responded to either.

This wasn't like Alex; to not answer her phone calls or texts. Or to miss school for that matter. A million possibilities were running through her head. She wondered if she was hurt, if something was going on with her mother... That one was still hard for her to wrap her head around. She just needed to know something.

Tobin asked Alex's friends if they had seen her or heard from her at least, and they all said that they hadn't. It was as if Alex had gone off the map completely. Needless to say, she was worried.

She had trouble concentrating that day- not that she was a good student before or anything. At lunch she was just about ready to leave school. What was the point of her showing up if Alex wasn't there anyway?

"Bro calm down, I'm sure your girl is fine," Hope tried to assure her, with Kelley underneath her arm.

"I can't calm down. She's never not answered any of my calls or texts. And she always lets me know if there's a change in plans. I need to know if she's okay," Tobin huffed. She leaned up against her motorcycle,

"Why don't you go over her house," her best friend suggested.

"Can't. Don't have her address."

"How do you not have her address?"

"I just don't," Tobin shrugged. "She's always been the one to come over mine. I've only ever dropped her off at her house," she said, pointing to Kelley.

"I have her address," Kelley spoke up. She watched as Hope's girlfriend pulled out a sheet of paper and wrote on it. When she was handed the piece, she smiled gratefully at her. She knew there was a reason she liked Kelley.

"Thanks dude," she said. Not even seconds later, Tobin was putting on her helmet and sitting down on her bike. She heeled her kick stand back and started the engine.

Ten minutes later she was on Alex's street.

Tobin parked her bike on the curb of the address that Kelley gave her. She wasn't shocked in the slightest when she saw the house. It was just what she had expected. Clean cut grass, beautiful garden, a welcome mat by the front door...

She took off her helmet and smoothed her hair out. She looked down at her outfit, deciding that she looked somewhat decent. Tobin had on her usual skinnies, a white polo, and black classic Vans. She ditched the beanie today and put her hair up in a loose ponytail.

When she rang the doorbell, a tall handsome older gentlemen answered the door who she assumed was Alex's dad. He had gray eyes that were framed by glasses and brown hair with tents of white.

"Hello sir," she greeted politely. "My name is Tobin, I'm a classmate of Alex's." The only reason she introduced herself as a classmate was because she wasn't sure if Alex's parents even knew that they were together. She would've hated herself if she had outed her girlfriend on accident.

"Alex?" the man asked confused.

"Yes sir, Alex. Do you think I could speak to her?"

"You must be mistaken, young lady. There's no Alex here."