Chapter 16

It was a given that Tobin didn't handle separation from Alex very well. One, she didn't really see a point in being away from her girlfriend and two, she was a bit possessive and needy all at the same time. She hated sharing, but in this situation it was necessary and it would be just down right selfish for her to keep Alex away from her mother.

The forward had received a call from the hospital that her mother had an adverse reaction to the latest round of treatments. Though it was minor, Alex still wanted to be with her mother for the next few days. It had already been approved that she could spend the night in her mother's room.

Tobin understood that her girlfriend wanted to stay there for a couple days. Really she did. Alex and her mother were very close and Tobin herself loved Pam dearly. She hated that the woman was even in this situation because it wasn't fair for such a sweet person to have such a bad fate.

As soon as school let out and practice was over, Alex headed straight over to the hospital. The forward made sure she grabbed her mother's favorite book, the Bible. The two Morgans pretty much talked until Pam fell asleep, which was early because the doctors had given her a medicine to counter what they had given her before. By the time the oldest Morgan was asleep, it was 8 o clock.

Tobin surprised Alex by picking up her favorite type of food, Chinese. She also brought her some clothes for the next few days because she knew her girlfriend had forgotten some.

Her new favorite memory probably watching Alex interact with her mother. She loved the way that the dim light reflects off her gorgeous azure eyes and when she was reading to her mother. She also loved helping out Alex whenever she could. With playoffs coming up and with soccer practices getting more and more intense, plus her mother, she knew her girlfriend was tense. Tobin offered to massage her shoulders, with Alex was so grateful for.

The forward loved that Tobin was being so mature about this. She knew that Tobin didn't really like being away from her, but she was turning out to be the perfect girlfriend in this situation. How she got so lucky she had no idea.

..

Sleeping at night was a completely different story for Tobin. She missed going to sleep next to Alex at night, and waking up next to her. She literally ached to feel the forward in her arms again and see her amazing blue eyes. As lame as it sounded, her heart hurt.

They never had enough time at school to be together. Alex got to it as late as possible without being tardy for first period because she wanted to spend as much time as possible with her mother. In between classes they only had 5 minutes and just having fourth period with Alex wasn't even enough for Tobin in the first place. Lunch was basically the longest time together that they had.

But even then, it was a struggle. All of their kisses were too short for Tobin. It seemed as though they couldn't hold onto each other long enough.

Alex felt the same way of course. Though she felt she needed to be with her mother, she had become accustomed to being with Tobin. Especially at night, being wrapped in her arms. She made her feel safe.

And to make things worse? Hope and Kelley have pretty much been rubbing their happy little relationship in both of their faces. The two have been inseparable, walking around with the biggest grins on their faces. It made Tobin want to throw up rainbows.

Don't get her wrong, she was happy for her best friend, and Alex was the same with Kelley, but for Tobin, she just needed her girl again.

She was so lost.

..

"I feel bad for Alex and Tobin," Kelley said as she and her girlfriend cuddled on the couch in her parents' living room.