35: THE END.

The room was buzzing with an eclectic energy, filled with everything ranging from excited murmurs to people screaming excitedly. Friends huddled together, knowing that this was one of their last moments together. They all say that they'll keep in touch, but we all know deep down that once diplomas are handed out and the excitement dies down, it's over. There might be a few summer moments together and a few 'how are you?' texts, but once everyone gets settled into their new environments, a lot of friendships dissipate.

I let out of rush of air, anxiousness being one of the many emotions swirling within me. This is really it. I've spent countless year in a sea of the same faces, and after today, all of that is essentially over. It's kind of a hard concept to wrap my head around. This is a pretty fair-sized town, but many of us have grown up together. I've known many of the people in this room since we toddlers, picking our noses and learning the alphabet. Now we're going off in different directions, about to meet completely new people. It's going to be a drastic change from what we're used to.

"Earth to Tracey!" Tremaine's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I blinked myself back into the present.

He frowned. "Are you okay?"

I smiled at him. "Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because after today you'll never see me again?" he commented teasingly with a playful glint in his eyes.

I pushed him lightly. "That's not funny! Don't even play like that," I pouted.

He chuckled and wrapped me in a crushing bear hug with his muscular arms. "You know it'll take more than a graduation to get rid of me, little T."

Smiling at the nickname, I hugged him back, squeezing as hard as I could.

"It's okay, the rest of us don't matter or anything," Bianca joked, causing us to break the hug.

"Yeah, it's not like I'm your boyfriend or anything," Aiden muttered.

I rolled my eyes and looked over at Cameron and David. "You guys wanna join in on this attack?"

"Hey, I'm not saying anything," Cameron retorted as David threw up his hands defensively.

Laughing, I turned back to Bianca. "I don't ever need to miss you, girl. With today's technology, I'll always be a phone or video call away." I placed my hand on her stomach and rubbed. "Plus, I'm going to be a godmother soon, so there's that. If you think I'm not going to visit my godson, you're out of your mind."

She smiled at me, eyes watery. "I love you," she said as she pulled me into a careful hug.

"I love you too girl. Always have, and always will. You're like my sister."

I broke the hug and turned to Aiden. "And you!" I called sternly, "Don't even start! You'll only be an hour away, AND you're allowed to have cars on campus." Grabbing his tie, I pulled him closer to me. "So, guess who's going to be getting visited all the time?"

Aiden's hazel flecks seemed to sparkle as he gazed at me mischievously. He pulled me into his arms, lowering his lips and capturing mine in a slow and beautiful kiss. I felt the familiar buzzing in my body and I grabbed his suit to deepen the kiss.

I'm so glad that I never have to go too long without this. I don't know if Aiden is the one, but he's the one right now. The only one I want. Whenever I think of my future, he's there. I picture myself getting my bachelor's, master's, and my doctorate, and he's right there next to me. I picture myself getting married, and it's to him. When I picture my future children, they're a perfect mixture of us.