29: The Morning After

A/N: This chapter contains sexual content.

I slowly crept into consciousness, opening my eyes to a very bright light. As soon as my eyes were opened, I quickly decided against that decision, snapping them shut again. It felt as if Thor was pounding his hammer on my head repeatedly, and my throat was as dry as the Sahara. After a short eternity, I slowly opened my eyes again, blinking rapidly so they would adjust. I realized that the source of the insanely annoying bright light was the sun shining through the window, so I jumped up and drew the curtains. The sudden movement apparently made Thor even angrier, and he pounded that damn hammer against my head harder and faster. Groaning, I threw myself back onto the bed and crawled under the covers.

I was content with staying hidden under the covers until the next millennium, but a higher power obviously had a different idea. After a few minutes of (somewhat) comfort, the covers were rudely ripped off of me. Well, maybe ripped is an exaggeration, but you know what I mean. Groaning, I looked up to see Aiden hovering over the bed with a concerned look on his face.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?" he asked in a soft voice.

"Like hell," I responded gruffly, pulling the covers back over my head.

I heard him chuckle softly. He gently peeled the covers off of me and sat down in the bed next to me.

"Come on sweetness, get up."

I groaned again, slowly pushing myself until I sat up. Aiden had a thoughtful look in his eyes, and didn't say anything to me for a while. Finally, he sighed and held his palm out to me. In his hand were two pain killers. I thankfully took them from him and popped them in my mouth. He passed me a water bottle and I opened it, using it to swallow the pills.

"Thanks," I said simply. I wasn't in much of a mood to talk, what with the pounding headache and all.

He nodded, his lips pressed tightly together. He stared at me thoughtfully, intensely. I cocked my head to the side in question. What the hell is going on in that mind of his?

His gaze never left mine and I pursed my lips in frustration.

"Okay, well I'm going to go take a shower." I rushed out of the room and into the nearby bathroom, feeling a little scrutinized under his gaze.

-

I walked back into the room after my shower, feeling refreshed. While I showered, someone, presumably Aiden, left some of Serena's old clothes for me to wear. I was in a pair of black basketball shorts and a navy blue tank top, and I felt beyond comfortable. Aiden was in the room still, sitting at the edge of the bed. When he saw me come in, he gave me that same thoughtful look. I had just enough of this.

"What?" I asked in a way that came out more irritated than inquisitive.

Aiden seemed to snap out of his daze. "Nothing, I..." his voice trailed off and he stared off into space.

I waited for a few moments before I snapped my fingers. "Babe?"

He turned to look at me. "Do you... do you remember anything about last night?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to remember exactly what happened last night. I remembered the phone call I got from my dad, where he essentially told some random woman that he didn't want me. I remember how the phone call made me feel like someone stabbed me in the heart. I remember downing drink after drink until the pain was numbed, but not much else after that. Obviously I was too wrecked to go home since I woke up at Aiden's house.

I shook my head slowly. "Probably not what you want me to remember. What did I do?" I asked quietly, in fear of what he might tell me. How bad had I royally fucked up this time?