9: Caught In The Act

Tracey.

I turned on the ignition, and started off towards Bianca's house. I texted her saying that I would drive her to school, so I could tell her my plan. Since she refused to answer any of my calls yesterday, this is the last chance I have to talk to her. I really need to get rid of this bastard I call my dad, and I need her help. I mean, I could do what I have planned by myself, but having her there for support is cool.

I pulled up in front of her house, and honked the horn. I waited for at least ten minutes before she came outside. I rolled my eyes. Classic Bianca. I got a closer look at Bianca as she walked to the car, and it kind of shocked me. She was wearing sweats. That's not her thing. She always dresses up.

She got into the car, not saying a word. I looked at her, but she didn't return the stare. After a minute, I cleared my throat, tired of the deafening silence.

Bianca turned and looked at me. "Hey," she said nonchalantly.

I raised my eyebrow out of concern. "Did something happen?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"I'm not moving this car until you start talking."

"But Trace we're going to be late!" she whined.

"Then I suggest you start talking." I folded my arms.

She hesitated. "Fine, I'll tell you. Just start the car please."

"Gladly." I started the car and started driving.

Bianca sighed. "Okay so, I went to Tremaine's house yesterday and-"

"You were at Tremaine's house? What for?" I interrupted.

"That's not important. Anyway, I went to his house all dressed up to impress him. I flirted, as usual, and he acted clueless, as usual. But then something changed. After I told him about" she paused for a second, "something, he gave me this look. Like he saw me differently. And then he walked away. Of course, I was freaking out. I didn't know what to think. But I waited for him to come back. When he did, he kissed me. Then he walked away again and never came back. He never answered any of my calls either. I feel all mixed up inside." She exhaled.

I needed a moment to take all of that in. Tremaine kissed Bianca? I never saw him having feelings for Bianca in a million years. Something tells me that he's more mixed up inside than Bianca is, and I need to talk to him as soon as possible. But back to the person that's sitting next to me now.

"Wow, um, I don't know what to say. You need to talk to him after school or something. Alone."

"Okay, I'll do that."

"But that's not why I offered to drive you to school. I need you to help me do something really important."

"What do you need?"

"I need you to help me get photographic evidence that my dad is cheating on my mom."

Bianca's eyes got wide. "Are you serious? How do you plan on doing that?"

"Well, I know he's staying in room 406 tonight at the Hyatt hotel outside of town,"

"And how do you know that?"

"That's not important. Anyway, I was looking at pictures of the hotel, and they have a plant ladder that goes right past his room."

"...and you want us to climb that ladder and take pictures of your dad having an affair."

"Exactly! Maybe then my mom will finally divorce that asshole."

"Tracey, that sounds dangerous. We could get arrested!"