16: Making More Mistakes

Bianca's P.O.V.

I looked at Manny's tattooed chest rise and fall, and I sighed. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.

Oh, in case you were wondering, which you should be, Manny Rodriguez is my ex-boyfriend. My gang-banging, gun-toting, drug dealing ex-boyfriend. He's from a darker point in my life. I know what you're thinking: I'm 17, what dark point could I possibly have?

Let's just say that a few years ago, I made a crap load of stupid decisions, and I keep finding myself in that hole I climbed out of and I thought I'd never be in again.

Manny is 20 now, and yes, that means he was legal when I was only 15. Whatever. Water under the bridge. We broke up about eight months ago, but whenever I get lonely, I turn to him. For sex, specifically. I mean, he was my first and all, and I'm definitely not ready to have sex with someone I have no history with.

Anyway, back to now. After staring at him sleep for a few minutes, questioning every decision I've ever made in my life, I slowly pulled the covers off of my body and got out of bed. I started getting dressed, planning on making a silent exit.

I ruined my plan when I accidentally knocked over his lamp while struggling to get my skinny jeans on over my butt. Manny stirred, and opened his eyes sleepily.

Manny definitely wasn't hard on the eyes. He had short, wavy, black hair and bright green eyes. He had smooth caramel skin (which he ruined with all those damn tattoos), and well-defined muscles. It's not hard to see why I keep running back to him whenever I get lonely.

"Where are you in a rush to go baby?" he said, sitting up in the bed.

"I'm going home Manny," I replied, finally getting my jeans all the way on. I started with my shoes.

Manny flew out of the bed and came up behind me, hugging me around my waist.

He seductively whispered in my ear, "Come on baby, don't leave me again. You know you still want me."

He was right, to a certain extent. I couldn't stay away from him. He was my first love.

"We're over hun, don't forget that." I pulled myself away from his grip and turned to look at him.

His face dropped, and my heart fell for him. His puppy eyes always got me. "You know I'll always love you B," he said sadly.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "You know I'll always love you too, but you know I why I can't be with you. Our lives are just too different, and I don't know what I would do if I lost you to the streets."

I'm also in love with someone who could barely give me the time of day, I added to myself.

We hugged for a few moments, and then I pulled away, kissed his cheek, and made my exit.

I really need to get my life together.

Tracey's P.O.V.

After school, I waited for Bianca for about a hour, constantly calling and texting her until I finally gave up. I can't believe that my best friend stood me up! She has some nerve. She has been acting weird since she saw Tremaine with that cheerleader though. I seriously feel bad for her, she doesn't deserve to be constantly hurt the way she has been recently.

The chilled air bit into my skin, and I pulled my jacket tight around me. I started to walk towards my car, defeated. I heard someone run past me, their speed causing a wind. Tremaine stopped in front of me.

"What's up Trace? What are you still doing here?"

"Bianca stood me up," I said, irritated.

"Well, she has been acting funny lately, I'm not surprised."