13: Making Things Better

Tracey.

I closed the door behind me and sighed. I'm honestly sick and tired of dealing with Cameron. It was a mistake to ever try befriending him. He's following me now? This is ridiculous. I just hope that he doesn't pay another visit to David, bearing information about Aiden and I.

Remembering what I said, I ran upstairs, skipping steps. I walked into my room and locked the door. I walked towards the window and opened it, sending a swirl of autumn air into the room. I let out a small shiver, and stuck my head out of the window. Cameron was nowhere to be found, much to my relief. I put my head back in the room and left the window cracked.

I pulled off my shoes, vaguely remembering that my mom hates when I walk around the house with my shoes on, and plopped on my round bed. I closed my eyes in an attempt to relax, but after a few seconds I felt my phone vibrate. I groaned and slowly checked my phone. It was Aiden. I also had an old message from David.

Aiden: I'm just dying to kick your ass tomorrow, don't stand me up!

David: I miss you beautiful. text me

I smiled at David's text, but I wanted to cry. I really need to get it together. He went through so much dealing with Cameron and I already, he doesn't need to find out about this. I'm freaking out, I actually think I have feelings for this guy. I'm just a hot mess.

I responded to David's text. I miss you too boo. Is everything alright?

It would give me great satisfaction to whoop your ass tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it for the world! I responded to Aiden.

I put my phone down and tried to close my eyes again. The silence was welcoming. Drama seems to follow me around, and all that can tire a girl out.

I was five minutes closer to falling asleep when my phone started vibrating again. I reluctantly opened my eyes to see that Tremaine was calling.

I sucked my teeth and answered the call.

"What?"

"Trace don't be mad at me. I'm sorry."

"What exactly are you apologizing for again?"

I heard him sigh. "You were right, I'm not in love with Bianca. I mean she's cute, but that's about it."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you aren't. You're just emotionally not capable of having any real feelings."

"That's not true, I love you Tracey."

"Yeah, but I'm basically your sister so I don't count."

"Hmmph," I could just imagine him pouting.

I laughed. "Don't worry, one day you'll grow up."

"I'm a grown ass man!"

I laughed even harder. "Trey, you're sixteen years old, Plus, real men are capable of loving someone."

"Whatever. Hey, I'll talk to you later."

"Sure, bye idiot."

"Bye nerd."

I hung up the phone. No more than a minute later, my phone was vibrating once again. I growled internally.

"Can't I just have a few minutes to myself!" I yelled to the silence of my room. But it was David so I answered the phone.

"Hey baby what's up?"

"Just playing games, nothing special. What have you been up to since we left the mall?"

I choked for a second, pushing back the memory of yearning for Aiden's lips. "Oh nothing, I went for a walk earlier but that's about it."

"Oh. Did you enjoy yourself?"

"Uh, sure."

There was a silence. "So, you wanna do something tomorrow?" David asked, attempting to ease the tension.

I searched my mind for an excuse quickly. "I'm sorry babe I can't I promised Bianca I'd go out with her." Why did I just lie?

"Oh okay, well, um, you sound busy so I'll talk to you later" and he hung up the phone. That was the most awkward phone call ever. He must know something is up.

-

The next day, I woke up pretty excited to go bowling with Aiden. Since we weren't meeting up until the afternoon, I had to find a way to pass the time. I decided to pull out my laptop and watch scary movies, since the only way I could tolerate them is early in the day. In the back of my head, I remembered that I haven't texted David all morning, but I also remembered he didn't text me either. Then again, he has reason to be a little upset with me after I acted so shady last night. Memories of the day before began to float around in my head, and soon I wasn't even paying attention to the movie.

My mind wandered to the ordeal with Cameron last night, and a chill went coarsing through my body. Attempting to be his friend was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made- well recently. He has become my worst nightmare! There's also the fact that I just made up with David after being mad at him for not trusting me, and I lied to him last night. I have nothing to hide with Aiden, we're just friends. I started to think about last night in the park, but I pushed the memory out. We're just friends, I repeated to myself, just friends.

I attempted to do some damage control. I pulled out my phone and started to text David. But what do I say? I thought about it for a few moments.

Hey babe, remember how I said I was going out with Bianca today? I also invited Aiden, but B dropped out. I paused for a second, and added: do you want to come? we're going bowling it'll be fun!

I sighed, and pressed send. Then, I waited.

A couple of minutes later, I got my response.

David: Nah, I already made plans with Trey for tonight but have fun babe, and kick his ass for me

Lol, that was the plan!  I responded.

I let out a sigh of relief. Now I can enjoy my day with a clearer conscience. I tried to ignore the fact that most of the relief I felt was because David couldn't join us.

_____________

I'm sorry that I've been so bad with updating but I promise that changes now! I will be updating more quickly, but the chapters will be a little shorter. I'm super busy but I'll get this done I promise!

*Song for this chapter is Drunk Texting by Chris Brown featuring Jhene Aiko because there was a lot of texting/being on the phone in this chapter. I also made another crazy/obscure connection that I won't share lol