19: The Fallout

David's P.O.V.

I got out of my car and stormed into my house, seeing red. When I was inside, I threw everything down and rushed into my room. I sat down on my bed and put my head in my hands.

How could I be so fúcking stupid? Here I was thinking that Tracey loved me, and that we would be together forever. Turns out she doesn't know what love is, she's just been stringing me the fuck along all this time. I gave her all of me, and this is what I get in return? I guess I deserve it, I've known her long enough to see how she runs through relationships like water.

No. I'm not going to sit here and blame myself for her selfishness! All that girl cares about is her damn self. I see that now. She was just so...easy to fall for. The way her smile lit up a room, the way her big brown eyes always seemed as if they could see right through your soul...

No! Don't fall for her shit again, it's all a lie I yelled at myself. In a flash of white hot anger, I got up and drove my fist through the wall. I pulled it back, and stared at the blood rolling down from my knuckles.

"Well, fuck."

I turned and looked at myself in the mirror. I look like a freaking mess. My eyes were bloodshot, and there were tear stains on my cheeks. I didn't even know I was crying, damn. I wiped my tears away and headed to the bathroom to wash the blood off of my hand.

After dealing with my bloody fist, I sat back down on my bed and blew out a puff of air. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that Tracey dumped me. I know that I messed up a few times but I did try my best to make her happy, she can't deny that. And is that dickhead quarterback really any better than me? He's just a stuck up prick with his head too far up his ass to have any real feelings for anyone. Well fuck her. I don't need Tracey. Once everyone finds out that I'm single, I'll have girls lined up for me. She can have fun with whoever she wants.

I picked up the phone and dialed Tremaine's number. He's not going to believe this shit. I bet 50 bucks he'll be even more pissed off than me.

He picked up on the second ring. "Yo."

"Trey man, you're not going to believe the shit that just went down."

Tracey's P.O.V.

I walked into school, wary. I have a feeling today isn't going to be a very good day for me. When I got to my locker, my suspicions were immediately confirmed. Tremaine was waiting for me looking like the god of the angry. His nostrils were flared, and I could basically see the flames in his eyes and steam coming out of his ears.

Well, this should be fun.

"What's got your panties in a bunch Trey?" I said in a weak attempt to lighten the mood.

"Don't play games with me Tracey. You just love ruining people's happiness, huh?" he seethed.

"Oh please, David couldn't have possibly been happy with me. I was a terrible girlfriend to him."

"Well I can't deny the terrible girlfriend part, you've been downright shitty. But you're wrong about David not being happy. Being with you made him so happy, he loved the crap out of you. Still does. I bet if you went up to him right now and asked him to take you back, he'd do it with no hesitation." he sighed, and his expression softened. "You broke his heart Trace."

I took a deep breath, and exhaled slowly. "Don't you think I know that? I didn't want to break his heart Trey, you know how much I care about him. I still love him, I really do. But Trey I'm not in love with him. Staying with him would just be a waste of time for the both of us. There's a girl out there somewhere that's perfect for him, but that girl just isn't me."