Dinner date?

As I sit at the fancy table with its fancy tablecloth and fancy chair cushions, I feel out of place because the guys are all wearing tuxes except for Brantley; he's wearing a dress jacket over his black shirt with black jeans with his biker boots all topped off with his baseball cap. All the women are wearing nice classy dresses. I, on the other hand, was given a strapless, midnight blue dress that had an open lace middle right above the naval. Britney had said she didn't bring any other dresses than the one she's wearing, and Hayley insisted it was the only one that would fit me. To make matters worse, to my left is Brantley Gilbert, and he will barely even acknowledge that I'm here. Hayley, Tyler, Britney, Brian, Blake, and Miranda are to my right in that order. Miranda is also to Brantley's left due to the circular table.
"So Brantley,"Hayley talks over me, "are you seeing anyone?"
"I currently am not,"he says looking past me.
"That's too bad,"I say more sarcastically than I meant to. For a moment, everyone grew quiet at the table.
"Well I don't mind being single, darlin,"he says, and I nearly crumble at the word 'darlin'.
"Please, excuse me,"I say as I walk toward the bathroom. I walk into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. Then, the door opens and I see Britney in the mirror.
"I can't face him, Brit,"I tear up.
"Don't cry; your makeup will smear,"she says.
"There is too much between us,"I say ignoring her statement.
"If you cry on this makeup, I'll send you home with him,"she warns. I shake my head and take a few deep breaths. I walk out and sit back at the table because obviously Britney is no help.
"You alright?"Brantley whispers, but I pour me a big glass of wine and chug it.

At the end of dinner, I stand up and turn to Brantley.
"I'm riding in my big beauty,"I say before grabbing his keys out of his front left pocket.
"Slow down there cowgirl,"he jokes.
"Oh, if I wanted that I could get it,"I say walking out to his truck. I unlock it and hop in waiting for him. I crank the truck and turn up the radio as "When We're Alone" blares through the speakers. I sing along remembering every night when I'd go home to Brantley, and just lay in his arms until I drifted off to sleep. I close my eyes and take a deep breath just in time for Brantley to hop in the truck. I quickly turn down the radio, and look over at him.
"So we headed to Tyler's?"he asks.
"No,"is all I said. I know he got the hint though because he took off doing sixty-five.
When we pulled up to his house, I crawled out of the truck and half smiled to myself.
"I thought I'd never see this again,"he says as he walks to the door and unlocks it.
"I thought I'd never see you again."
"Come on. I don't live far from your friend's,"he says as we walk in.
"So how's life as country music star?"
"A little lonely."
"You're surrounded by people everyday,"I giggle.
"They're not her though,"he sighs. I stop in my tracks and count to three.
"She must be the one,"I try to say bluntly.
"Yeah, I've always thought she was,"he says turning me to face a mirror, and I look at me in the mirror and then at him. He's looking at me and grinning too big for it to be fake.
"What are you getting at, Keith?" I ask.
"She's you,"he says turning me around again. He kisses me lightly, but that wasn't good enough for me. I put my hand on the nape of his neck and kiss him with all my passion. He puts one hand on my lower back and the other on my hip. I can't help but inclose the space between us. I couldn't get enough of him. He used to be my everything, and maybe I shouldn't be in his arms at this moment. I don't care though! I've missed him so badly that it hurts! My head is spinning from the kiss and the touching. I just want to know he still truly loves me.