His Ride Or Die

In our house, Brantley and I haven't seen much more than glances of each other. Tonight, we have decided, is all about us. We are going to go out, get dinner, go bowling, get ice cream, and then were going to head back here and wrap up in the blankets. As I walk upstairs to get changed out of my work clothes, I notice the nursery door is open. I peek inside and Brantley is sitting in the rocking chair staring at the onesie that's in his hand. I lean against the door for a minute not disturbing him because this is the first time I've seen him focus on the loss of our unborn baby instead of helping me recover.
"Maybe if I had been home,"he sighs, but until he looked up at me with sad eyes I couldn't say anything.
"I'm sorry,"I walk over and sit on the floor in front of him.
"It's not your fault,"he says putting the onesie back on the changing table. It had 'daddy's little rocker' on it.
"This is the first time I've been in here since..."I drift off.
"I come in here often,"he grunts. I grab his hand and he smiles at our hands faintly.
"God just knew we weren't ready,"I sigh before my stomach growls.
"Let's go get some food before our stomachs start a war.

After an hour of getting ready due to a lot of distractions, we headed out for dinner. When we got to the restaurant, we got sat at a booth that Brantley and I sat on the same side. Brantley looks down at my red lacy dress before shaking his head.
"Damn girl! You're hot,"he smiles with his eyes bugging out and his jaw ajar.
"Yeah, but I beat you by a long shot. I'm with Brantley Keith Gilbert,"I smile brightly. A fan, I'm assuming, walks over and sits in front of us.
"Oh my god! You're B!"
"Yeah,"he smiles.
"Is this your wife?"she asks.
"No, but hopefully she will be."

Later that night at home, Brantley unlocks the door and walks in with me following. Suddenly, the lights flick on, everyone comes out of hiding, and they all scream a nice unison of surprise. I smile big and giggle nervously.
"What's going on?"I ask turning to face B, but he's nowhere to be seen.
Momma Becky leads me to the couch and sets me down pressing play on the remote to the tv.
Brantley popped up on the screen.
"Hey babe. You're probably wondering what's going on. Well we've been through hell and back. You're my ride or die. You're my fail or fly. You're the best woman I could ever imagine. I love you more than anything. Come outside and meet me by the pond,"the video ends.
I walk outside through roses in vases and lit candles in a pattern; they lead to a big circle of candles and roses. I look around for BG, but I still don't see him. Kolby points over at the side of the house where I spot BG on the patio. He slowly walks over and grabs my left hand.
"I love you with all my heart, Lindsay. You're my soul mate,"he says getting down on one knee,"Will you marry me?"
I immediately tear up and shake my head,"Hell yes!"