Relationship Status?

I slowly stretch and open my eyes. I look up to see Brantley looking at me. I rub his belly and smile at him with him returning the smile. He tightens his arms around my waist.
"You still sleep like an angel,"he smiles.
"You only say that because I slept with you,"I giggle.
"Baby, you know that's not true,"he says kissing my forehead.
"I don't know,"I joke.
"Well I know you know,"he says pulling me closer and kissing me.
"Can we just lay here and cuddle all day?"
"I'd love to baby g-" he was cut off by his phone ringing. He picks it up and answers,"Yeah?"... "I'll meet you later."... "Do you mind if I bring a friend?"..."Alright, love you. Bye."
"I'm going to hop in the shower," I say as I walk to the bathroom.
"We're meeting my mom for lunch,"he says following me to the bathroom.
"Is Ms.Becky okay with me?" I ask turning on the water.
"She loves you, baby,"he smiles. I take off Brantley's shirt and my thing that I was wearing. B sits on the counter as I step into the shower and shut the glass door.
"I have nothing to wear,"I point out.
"We can swing by Tyler's and grab your bag."
"Alright, but why are you out there while I'm in here?"
"I was waiting for an invitation darlin,"he says, and within a minute he was stepping in the shower.

At lunch, Kolby and Becky sat in front of Brantley and me in the booth.
"It's good to see you again,"Becky says sweetly.
"So, sister-in-law, how've you been?"Kolby chuckles.
"Kolby, it's not even like that,"I say feeling heat rise in my cheeks.
"So, it was a-"
"Kolby!"Brantley cut Kolby off with a growl.
"Boys!"Momma Becky interfered. I giggle at the guilty faces that the guys get because momma got involved.
"So Ms.Becky, how's life been?"
"You know to call me Becky. I've been good. The kids at school enjoyed Brantley showing up yesterday."
I turn to Brantley,"Before dinner?"
"Yeah. The kids asked mom if I was in town, so I went to visit them,"he smiles.
"How long are you in town?"Kolby asks. I contemplate on which part to tell him.
"Well, I'm in town until next Saturday, but I'm moving down here to Georgia in October,"I explain,"my job needs me here." I look over at B; he looks completely confused and shocked.
"That's excellent,"Becky smiles big.
"I'll like seeing you around little sis,"he winks, but I just shake my head. B lays a hand on my knee and rubs his thumb across my thigh.
"We miss you around here,"Becky says.
"I've missed you too,"I smile at Becky and then at Kolby.
Lunch went really smooth from there, but ended shortly after Becky got a phone call demanding her to leave. I walk out with her.
"Lindsay, don't tell my boys, but I'm dating a guy named Michael. We have plans and he was reminding me of them,"she says.
"Go Becky!"I exclaim,"have fun momma!" I say as she crawls into the car, and then I walk over to B's truck where him and Kolby are chatting.
"You ready to go?"B winks at me.
"If you are,"I smile.
"I'll see y'all later,"Kolby says smiling. I quickly hug him before hopping in the truck. I crank the truck and plug in my iPod. I play "Burnin' It Down" by Jason Aldean.
"Oh so I'm not good enough,"Brantley chuckles. I just smile and rub his thigh. He drives back to his house.
"I have a concert tonight,"B informs me as we walk in the house.
"Oh, the fans call,"I giggle.
"Would you like to go and you can come backstage with me?"
"Oh, but your girls won't like it,"I joke.
"You're the only one I'm worried about,"he says pulling me close.
"No. No. My big boy needs to get some rest. After a night like last night, you can't go all night tonight," I wink.
"Fine, but there's one condition."
"What?"I ask as I wrap my hands around his neck.
"Lay down with me,"he says.
"Well of course,"I reply.

At five in the afternoon, B and I was at sound check. I was sitting in the first row where the fans will be later while he's on stage helping set everything up. Every once in a while he'll look up and smile at me.
They give us an hour to get ready and to do whatever.
Brantley and I walk to his dressing room.
"Will you be backstage or in the front row?"
"I'll be backstage,"I answer.
"Okay good,"he smiles. I look at him confused as I sit on the couch. He sits beside me and pulls me into his lap planting a kiss on my lips.
"I missed you,"he smiles.
"I was scared you never thought of me,"I sigh.
"Baby,"he lifts my chin so I am eye to eye with him,"you'll always be the first thing on my mind when I wake up and the last thing on my mind when I fall asleep."
"Five minutes,"a stagehand yells through the door.
"The fans are calling,"I smile and kiss him quick before I walks out just in time for the band to walk in. I walk to the chairs where I'll sit for the show. Right now, Blake Shelton is on stage and I sit beside Miranda.
"I love your relationship,"I smile.
"So you and B, again?"she smiles big,"we've missed you love birds."
I giggle as Blake walks off stage.
"Hey babe,"he says walking to Miranda and kissing her before turning to me,"hey Lindsay. I saw you walk in with B."
"Yes. We worked things out, and we're back,"I smile feeling my cheeks get hot, and then I feel a hand on my shoulder. B kisses my cheek and rubs my shoulder with his hand.
"I'm on,"he says as he walks on to the stage.
He sings My Baby's Guns N Roses, More Than Miles, and Read Me My Rights. I love watching him on stage. He's so energetic and hot the way he stands on the stage and looks at his fans. He walks off stage and picks me up in a big sweaty hug. I laugh and try to push his sweaty body away.
"You know you love me,"he says rubbing his sweaty face against mine. I try to push him away and start to laugh so hard that my whole body is trembling with every breath.

As we get back to his place, I grab a box that's by the door and walk in behind him. I sit at the island in the kitchen and open the box. It had shipping peanuts all in it;I grab a container that was under the peanuts, and I note that it's like a black ring box. I open it, and it's got a brand new promise ring. I grab the letter and picture out of the bottom of the box.
The letter:

Dear Lindsay,
You broke my heart right in two for that country douche bag. Come on Lin. You're smarter than that. He's broke your heart once and he'll do it again. He's a player and a star. He thinks you're worthless. That's why you need to be with me. I love you with all my heart. He could have a model instead of you. Remember there's people watching.

I look at the picture that is of me and B the night before. We were cuddling naked in bed watching Netflix when the picture was taken. I hid it in the closet where I knew Brantley wouldn't find it.
"You coming up, baby?"Brantley asks from the bottom of the staircase.
"Yeah, I'll be right there,"I say walking over to him.
"What's wrong?"he notices my sudden disclosure.
"Nothing. I just need sleep,"I say as I walk past him and up the stairs. I take off my shirt, pants, and bra. I throw on B's Harley t-shirt, and crawl in bed laying on my side not facing B. I'm trying not to upset him.
"Baby,"he whispers in my ear after he strips down and crawls in bed.
"Yeah?"I reply.
"I love you,"he says as he wraps his arms around my waist.
"I love you, too,"I whisper into the darkness.
"Sweet dreams,"he says before nuzzling the back of my neck and falling asleep.