I'm Closer Than You Think

It's been a week since we got the messages from the stalker. We are sitting on the patio, listening to music, and relaxing just the two of us.
"You want another glass of sweet tea?"Brantley asks me as he stands up.
"No, I think I'm good, B,"I smile as I breath in the fresh air.
"Babe, I think you want more sweet tea,"B smiles as he picks me up wedding style and carries me inside to the living room. He lays me on the couch kissing me gently. I kiss back as I run my hands up his shirt. He rips off my shirt as I bite his neck. I gasp and then kiss him. I pull off his shirt right as the door bell rings. I sigh as he walks to the door. I slip B's shirt on and walk over to B. I wrap my arms around his waist.
"Hey Little Lin,"Kolby says at the door.
"Hey K,"I smile.
"Mom's having dinner tonight and she wants to make sure you're both there."
"Well I have to head back home in the morning,"I sigh,"so I should get packed."
"We'll be there,"B answers for both of us.
I turn to him and nod,"yes, sir."

At Becky's dinner, I was sitting beside B facing Kolby, and Becky was at the head of the table. My phone kept buzzing, but I didn't want to answer it at the table.
"May I be excused?"I ask politely. Becky nods at me, and I nearly run to the bathroom. I look down at my phone. There was a picture of me at the dinner table just a few seconds before connected to a series of emails.

"I see you." "Lindsay, let's not be strangers anymore. Just leave him and his family. Come to me." "Baby, I'm tired of waiting." "Lindsay, don't ignore me!" "Lindsay, come outside or I will make sure you regret every moment of tonight."

I tear up and text B, deciding that that's the safest option. Brantley walks to the bathroom nearly pale with worry and confusion.
"Babe, what's wrong?" I don't reply; I just hand him my phone and sit on the side of the bathtub. As he reads the messages, his face grows more angry and fierce.
"He's not going to leave us alone,"I hadn't notice I was crying until I heard my sobbed words. Without a word, B brought me into a tight hug. His hug automatically made me feel safe and secure. Then my phone buzzes again. Brantley looks at the new email, and he growls low in his chest like a wild animal. He hands me the phone and walks out. I wanted to go after him, but seeing the picture of Brantley and I that was taken moments before made my legs freeze.
"Brantley, what's wrong?"Becky asks from the kitchen.
"Brantley?!"Kolby says fiercely.
Before I knew it, Becky was by my side in the bathroom hugging me. I heard the outside door slam closed twice indicating that both Brantley and Kolby slammed the door when they went out.
"What happened?"Becky asks me. I just hand her my phone and curl up against the wall shaking.
"It's been happening all week,"I cry. Becky gasps.