Parker 12

At the moment I have no idea where, when, or why we are, but I don't want to be here.

For one thing it looks and smells like a museum, I don't like museums.

For another my head was pounding, I don't like fast travel.

Oh and did I mention the large leathery bat with long talons, burning eyes, and yellow fangs flying straight for me.

I don't like large leathery bats with long talons, burning eyes, and yellow fangs.

I really don't like them if they're flying straight for me, poised for the kill.

"WHAT IN HADES!" was all I could think to say.

Suddenly a large mass hit me from behind and knocked me to the ground.

"What ho, Percy!" I heard a familiar voice shout.

I had heard that voice before but I couldn't remember who it belonged to.

Above was the sound of flapping wings, screeching.

"Die honey," I heard the screech in the bats voice.

"THAT BAT CAN TALK?"

Suddenly there was silence.

The mass got off me and lifted me off my feet.

"What are you doing here?"

"Percy!" Annabeth exclaimed.

Percy spun around as Annabeth jumped into his arms.

He looked surprised for a moment then his face turned to a true grin as he hugged back.

"What just happened?" Hazel looked petrified.

Percy put Annabeth down and turned to rest of the group.

I suddenly noticed the boy examining Riptide and looking around completely confused.

"Wait is that-?" Jason started.

"Me a age 12," Percy finished.

12 year old Percy walked away in a daze.

"That was the first time I met a monster," Percy said, he had an arm around Annabeth who looked like she had gone to Elysium.

"What monster was that?" asked Leo.

"Mrs. Dodds."

Everyone looked at him in confusion.

He shrugged, "She was my pre-algebra teacher. She was apparently a Kindly One."

Nico suddenly snapped his finger.

"That's what she meant."

We all looked at him.

He quickly his his smile.

"Sorry."