Annabeth 26

Okay so I've noticed that only spiders and 'Percy in danger' can make me truly panic. I can get confused, scared, angry, and excited over many other things and people. But only spiders and 'Percy in danger' can make me truly panic.

And as it normally goes, when I reach true panic my mind clears perfectly.

You see there is a difference between panic and true panic.

Panic fogs your mind and clouds your judgement, normally leading to complete chaos and loss of all logic. For example: If the King of the Titans takes over the body of the guy you used to like you tend to panic and can't bring yourself to kill him, leaving the guy you currently like to deal with the issue.

True panic clears the mind and leaves only pure logic and reasoning behind making it much easier to get out of dangerous situations but it completely wears you out. For example: If you and your boyfriend fall into Tartarus  and meet a friendly Titan that your boyfriend, best friend, and basically little brother fought and never told you about him, you basically have already reached true panic and just except the fact.

So yeah... there is a difference.

So I was truly panicking at the moment so my mind was pretty clear. I thought back to why Chaos specifically sent me on this mission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fine whatever, but listen to Annabeth."

"Wait! What?!"

"Besides his mother you know him best, I need you to go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why would it matter if I knew him best.

"Annabeth, what's going on?" one of the Jacksons asked me shakily.

I honestly had no idea myself.

"What do we do?" asked the other Jackson, he was still laying on top of his brother.

I honestly had no idea myself.

"Do something!" the two Jacksons said at the same time.

"Okay! Okay! Um...well..."

Why would it matter if I knew him best?

"Aries said something along the line of crushing Percy or was it turning him in to something?"

"Either sound about right."

"Then Percy gambled the Lightning Bolt on him winning, oh and the Helm of Darkness."

"That sounds like Percy."

"They started fighting, um wait, both Grover and I gave him gifts first."

"Goodbye gifts? Normal."

"The battle was easily tilted to Aries' side."

"That would be obvious."

As I talked Percy's body seemed to look a little more solid. The others were encouraging me to go on, but honestly I'm 19 years old now and this event took place right after I turned 12. How I supposed to remember every little detail. I mean I have a good memory but no one's that good.

"Um, I think a mortal brought the cops during the fight."

"The Mist can't hide everything."

"The mortals all thought that Percy and Aries were gun fighting."

"Sword fighting is not that common in this day and age."

"A few of the officers recognized Percy from TV."

"Why was Percy on TV?"

"Is that really important?"

"Yeah it could be, Percy was blamed for his mothers disappearance and his step father wanted him to go to jail. Percy and Aries didn't really seemed worried about this."

"Kinda hard to focus on anything but the opponent in front of you in a fight."

"More cops showed up and tried to order the two to stop."

"That would never work!"

"Aries blew up the cop cars and the mortals scattered."

"He blew the cop cars up?!"

"Percy backed up to the sea again."

The air around us started to clear. The scene around us was slowly unfolding as if trying to to catch up with me. I'd never seen a live explosion in slow motion before and all of us froze to watch. In a destructive kind of way the explosion was actually really beautiful. Young Percy and Aries were still fighting on the beach, but as they were fighting in slow motion you could all the flaws in young Percy's stance, but had to marvel on how he was holding his own. In a pathetic kind of way. The scene started to sped up again.

"Aries went after Percy."

As I watched the scene unfold it was as if I was clearly seeing what was going to happen almost 30 seconds before it did. Suddenly all sound came back and the scene went back the normal speed of life. Percy seemed to flinch and quickly grabbed his head.

Down on the beach Aries was charging young Percy who was almost waist deep in the water. I no longer needed to or wanted to narrate the fight.

Young Percy's eyes seemed to clear and he seemed to radiate power. Aries continued to charge. I'm not sure if the others noticed but the ocean was slowly getting lower.

Young Percy lowered his blade. The others around seemed to tense up as they watched.

Suddenly the power around young Percy seemed to explode, his eyes went wide and a six foot wave gathered behind him, as if it came out of nowhere.

The wave hit Aries right in the face and knocked him to the ground. Young Percy jumped on top of him and made a swing at the gods head, changed directions as the God went to block and landed a blow in the gods heel.

The others seemed completely captivated by the scene in front of them. A familiar tightness in my shoulders seemed to welcome me like a old friend. I knew what was going to happen, but this was Percy, he always had this effect on me.

The air seemed to freeze and I looked at the sky smiling. I closed my eyes and only felt the sinister darkness this time around. Even knowing that things would work out, that presence still frightened me.

Aries growled at young Percy then disappeared. I still wasn't looking so the light didn't effect me. Went I looked back I saw young Percy walking towards the Helm of Darkness. But before he could reach it the three Kindly Ones showed up. Young Percy picked up the Helm of darkness and tossed it to the middle Kindly One. The flew away.

As we watch young Percy walk back to young Grover and myself the air around us darkened and we started falling. But this time I welcome the darkness. I was exhausted.