Frank 22

It's safe to say that I understood what Percy meant, but at the same time I had absolutely no idea what was going on.

I could tell that Percy was uncomfortable, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what exactly he meant. And that explanation gave more questions than answers.

I felt better when I saw that I wasn't the only one who was confused. Leo looked like he was in pain, and Hazel didn't look much better than I felt.

Suddenly the air around us cleared. I heard the sound of the ocean. When we landed I almost twisted my ankle on the sand of the beach.

"Hey kid," I heard a familiar voice.

"Is that-?" Annabeth started.

"Oh great," Percy growled.

We scrambled to our feet and looked over the top of the sand-done. Percy, Annabeth, and Grover were at one end of the beach, and Aries was at the other end, leaning against his motorcycle.

"You tricked me," said young Percy.

We all looked at Percy, who shrugged.

"He was the one who stole, well, had the lightning bolt."

"Well, now, I didn't steal them personally. Gods taking each other's symbols of power - that's a big no-no. But you're not the only hero in the world who can run errands," Aries said.

"He's got a point," said Jason.

"Luke had originally stolen it."

They were talking again, but I missed most of the beginning of the statement.

"Then Old Seaweed will be mad at Hades for Killing you. Corpse Breath will have Zeus's master bolt, so Zeus'll be mad at him. And Hades is still looking for this..."

He pulled out a ski cap that immediately transformed into an elaborate bronze war helmet.

"Thats's-!" Nico exclaimed.

"I'm not exactly sure how Luke got his hands on that one, he might have told me, but I forget."

Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"What exactly is that?" asked Leo.

"My father's symbol of power," Nico breathed.

Hazel sucked in a breath, "The Helmet of Darkness."

Percy nodded.

"... Hades will be mad at both Zeus and Poseidon, because he doesn't know who took this. Pretty soon, we got a nice little three-way slugfest going."

I shuttered, "No wonder you don't like my dad."

"Well, it wasn't all his fault to begin with, but that doesn't make it right," said Annabeth.

"You gave me the backpack in Denver. The master bolt was in there the whole time."

"Backpack?"

"Yes and no-"

"I really don't like this memory," said Percy.

"What exactly is going on?" asked Parker.

"Well to be frank, Luke stole the Lightning Bolt and the Helmet of Darkness for Kronos, and I got blamed. I went on a quest and found out that Aries had them and intended to start a war between dad, Zeus, and Hades. Aries had given it to me when I retrieved his shield in Denver, and as an award he gave me a backpack with some supplies and the lightning bolt inside. It was a very confusing quest."