Chapter 2: Red-Headed Asshole

-2 years later-

I stepped out of my shelter into the hot desert sun, arms crossed. It wasn't too warm so that was good because I had to do something today. I was getting restless. I decided to go find some dracs to kill and then get to a gas station to stock up. I return inside and splash water on my face and look at myself in the little mirror. My hair is a midnight black and a fire truck red, I wear a black faux leather jacket, a white top underneath, black skinny jeans, and my tall, black lace up combat boots. My hair is loose in its natural waves. I put my purple, red, black and yellow mask on after I've dried my face, and I hop on my motor cycle and head out.

I wander around zone 2 and quickly find 3 dracs wandering. I take them out on my way to the gas station. Once there I buy gas, water, food, new gloves, and I hold up a comic, examining it.

"It's our newest one. Snatch it up before anyone else does" The lady at the counter whispers to me as I put it with my stuff.

I pay and head out, still on the search for dracs and soon enough I find some. I lower myself into a sand pit with maybe seven or eight dracs. Immediately I start firing my ray gun at each individual. I count on my aim to take a drac out with a single shot and it never fails.

Just as there are five dracs left, a Trans Am drives by and screeches to a stop.

Three left, as four Killjoys jump out of the car and down to the battlefield to help me.

"Need any help?" The red haired one calls out as I shoot the last drac in the head.

"Nope" I say, "Never have. Never will." I add under my breath as I get back on my motorcycle. He scoffs.

"Wait where's your team?" A short boy with dark hair asks.

"I work alone." I say

"That's not very safe" A boy with an Afro says. He stands next to a somewhat tall, blonde boy who hasn't yet spoken.

"We don't even know what safe looks like in this world" I reply, speeding away before more questions could be asked.

I think about the boys as I leave them. They look familiar, very familiar. The red hair, blonde boy, the short dark haired one, and the one with the Afro. They were none other than the 'Fabulous Four'. The Fabulous Four are said to be the best Killjoys ever and every person I've ever known swoons over them. Maybe it would be nice to meet them, but under different circumstances on a different day.

At home I wash my hair in the sink and put it up in a ponytail. I go and sit on my roof, watching the sunset.

I both liked and disliked watching the sunset. I liked it because it was beautiful of course and reminded me of beautiful nights spent in the grass with my friend and boyfriend. Of course the memories brought back tears more quickly than I'd like to admit. Everyone I had known was gone in a matter of two days, would you blame me? I watched the sunset anyways and relished in the last few moments of light before the sky went dark with the few glittering stars high up in the atmosphere.

And the moon of course, how could you forget the moon? It was the most brilliant orb in the night sky and had a soft rule over the world as it spun in its shadow until morning came again.

I climb down quickly as it was quite cold now and went inside. I lied down on an old couch and drifted off to sleep.

I wake up and see that I obviously needed supplies. I sigh at the inconvenience and decide to procrastinate a bit by washing out the fire truck red from my hair and dyeing it all a neon-magenta color. I put my newly dyed hair in a loose bun, throw my jacket and boots on, and choke down a Power Pup before deeming myself ready.