How Do I Know?

"Sean, wake up!" I scream through the hallway, I bust through his door to find him watching... porn!

"Oh God! What the hell!" I scream shielding my eyes.

"Why are you in here?!?" He yells trying to close his laptop

"Its 10 am, why are you watching that right now! Couldn't you have just waited until later tonight or something?"

"Why? Cause that's what you do?"

Yes. "This isn't about me! Nasty man!"

I leave his room feeling a little gross so, I decide to take a shower. I get out to do my hygiene stuff and decide what I would wear today. Being a girl you have no clue what you should wear, that is the biggest issue for us every morning.

What I decide on is a white button up with blue high waist-ed loose shorts, tied together with a brown belt and black sandals.

I decided to put my hair down and straighten it. Light make up with red lipstick. Looking at myself in the mirror.

I'm just too cute for my own good.

I go downstairs when I get a text message from my best friend Harper.

Harper: Hey bug! What are you doing today?

Xander: Nothing, probably gonna to go to the mall for a bit? Want to go?

Harper: What kind of question is that? I'm already, ready. COME GET A WHITE GIRL!

I laugh at the text. I love Harper. We've been friends since, forever, she's a redhead with blue eyes and a nice smile. She's just a beautiful person. Harper and I have been through a lot together, breakups, crushes, parent issues, when her's were going through a divorce and she needed someplace to go, she came to stay with me.

When my ex Keenan cheated on me with the school skank, she was there for me, I love her like a sister.

****

I get to her house and honk to let her know I'm here.

She comes out, screaming and skipping towards the car.

"AH! I'm so happy you're here. Now we can f*ck sh*t up!"

"Oh lord, what do you have in mind Harp?"

"Well, a certain someone who shall not be named, me. Was invited by a certain someone's crush, you, to a party."

"My crush huh?"

"Yeah, don't don't act dumb, you remember Tristan Kane"

Of course, I remember Tristan the only guy I was even remotely attracted to in school after I broke up with Keenan. He had the darkest hair and the brightest green eyes a strong jawline and a glorious body by the way. I can remember small conversations we'd had in... What class did we have together? Calculus? No, I'd didn't take calculus.... whatever, needless to say, our conversations weren't very.... deep.

"How'd you get invited?" I asked.

"Don't worry your mind about the inconsequential, just know we are going and you're going to look HOT!"

"Harper, if you're trying to hook me up again, I swear-"

"I'M NOT! I just think because you've worked so hard you deserve to have a little fun"

"Fine, but I promise you, if I'm not having a good time, I'll ruin your time too"

"B*tch". I look over at her

We laugh and continue to drive to the mall. The ride to the mall was hectic, Harper sang every song on the radio.

I know it breaks your heart

Moved to the city in a broke down car

And four years, no calls

Now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar

And I can't stop

No, I can't stop

So baby pull me closer in the backseat of your Rover

That I know you can't afford

Bite that tattoo on your shoulder

Pull the sheets right off the corner

"Jesus! Shut up! Harper!" I yell playfully at her, she just sang louder.

I'm going to kill her.

****

Holland Roden as Harper