It Could Work.

Xander POV

It's actually been nice hanging out with Tristan. I thought he'd be over flirtatious and sexual towards me which surprisingly, he wasn't. And he's staying true to his word, friends.

Right now he was on the phone with Emily, I don't want to ease drop but... we are in the same car.
"Emily, I will take you out when I get back, damn! Why the hell do I have to be with you all f*cking day! I have friends outside of you!" He said. I couldn't hear what she replied back but all I know is, it made him livid.

"Emily you don't know what you're talking about! I thought you'd be more understanding, but I guess... I guess you're too much of a stuck up b*tch to get it!" He hung up and stared at the road angrily.

Silence filled the car, like a flood. I didn't want to say anything because, I truly didn't want to get yelled at. The way he held the steering wheel made it apparent he was not in the mood for small talk.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." He said moments later, "She can just be so, extra sometimes. I wish she'd be a little less..." He shook his head disappointed. "Overbearing?" I add.

"...Annoying." He finishes.

"You don't have to explain anything to me. You should spend more time with her, I mean when you're not with your dad, you're with, me and I can see how she'd miss you". I say half heartily.

"I love Emily but I'm not in love with her. It'll be the woman I am in love with that can dictate who I am friends with, until then, I'll hang out with whoever the fuck I want." He says calmly.

We were driving to the lake front, tries told me he had something he wanted to share with me. I was excited and scared at the same time. I wasn't one to like surprises, actually I hated them.
We arrive at a little cabin that is off the lake. It's so beautiful the sun was at its highest, so it hit the water just right to make it glisten.

"It's beautiful." I whisper looking straight ahead.

"It really is" Tristan says but he wasn't looking at the water.

I turn to face him and his eyes are planted on me. I blush slightly.
"Was this what you wanted to show me?" I ask.

"Not entirely. Come with me." We tilts his head toward the cabin and begins to walk into that direction.

The cabin was not what I expected it to be, it had dead animals on the walls a bear skin on the floor.

Okay?

"They're not real, my dad just had this thing about taxidermy. Says it gives him comfort. I don't know. It freaks me out." I nod in agreement

"Want some hot chocolate?" he says looking at me with....adoration?

"Um, ye-yeah I'd l-like that". Stop. Stuttering. Jeez. He walks into the kitchen and I exhale loudly.

You can't see him that way anymore xan, he's not single, you like his girlfriend she's nice and pretty... not you.... ugh! I put my face in my hands.

"Are you okay?" I grab on to my heart. "OH shit, you scared me." My hearts racing a mile a min.
"Didn't mean to, my bad.

I take the hot chocolate and drink from the cup.
"Goddamn this is good!"

He laughs "Thank you"

We sit in comfortable silence for a while.

"Thank you." Was all I said?

"Why are you thanking me?" He twists his body to face me.

"For.... everything. You are keeping your promise and that's the best thing you could do for me. I'm being honest keeping a promise means so much to me. I've just had too much go bad for promises not to."

"If we're being honest, I have to tell you something."

"Okay"

"This has been the best day of my life, because I've gotten to spend a day with the most beautiful woman, I have ever had the pleasure to meet." His eyes brim with tears.
Can I tell you something? I nod

"I've loved you since high school, but I was too wrapped up in other girls and drinking and partying to realize it. I never felt like I was good enough for you. I still don't. But if this is what I have to do to be next to you, I'll do it."

I just stared at him, wow.
"I don't know.... what-what to say."

"I'm leaving Emily, and I want to start something with you. I know I didn't start this friendship off that well but I am willing to do whatever it takes to gain your trust."

I'm mind speech less, he stares into my eyes and I see that he's serious.

"I can't say that I agree with your decision, because you aren't making for yourself, you're making it off of a hunch that maybe this will work out, better than what's not working out in your relationship."

"I just- I don't want to think back on things like this and regret not taking this opportunity, with you, all I want to do is try.''

''Okay, I understand that'' I hope I'm doing the right thing.

****
Awww. TeamTristan?
Tristan's outfit in m/m