Share the Wealth Part 2

Start writing your story

Recap

I don't know what my life would be without her." He turns to look at me and says "And i wouldn't trade her in for the world" Aah I'm gonna be crying for the rest of the night

After Sean got off stage Harper stood up and waked on, "Oh come on guys I'm not ready for this" I whisper to myself. She walks on stage and stares into the crowd looking for me I'm guessing.

"There you are, birthday girl, can you stand for me please?"

Oh god okay, I stand and a spotlight comes on. "Whaa thaaa fuuuu" My eyes get wide and I start walking towards the stage.

"Everyone! This lovely young lady standing before me is my best friend. She was there for me when no one else was, she was there for me when I couldn't be there for myself! She never asks for anything in return and I love her with all my heart I do. I would always complain that God didn't give me a sister, but he did. And she is more than I could possible ask for. You give me strength when I need it most, and you care without any reservations, I love you more than a friend, you're my family."

Before she finished her speech I was balling. The crowd applauded and she walked off stage straight to me and I hugged her with everything in me. I pulled back

"Thank you that was beautiful, Harpie". She chuckled and waved for Sean to come over and join us.

"Sean I believe you owe your sister a dance!"

Harper looked at me and smiled, Sean grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. Gravity by John Mayer started to play, "I don't know how much more I can take of this, my makeup is damn near all gone" I say dancing with Sean. He smirks "How long had you two been planning this?"

"Since you moved in, we wanted you remember your 22nd birthday."

"Well consider it remembered, haven't done this much crying since pebbles passed."

"Oh don't talk about pebbles, you know I'm still sensitive about that. I loved that turtle." We laughed together and kept dancing to the music.

Gravity is working against me
And gravity wants to bring me down

Our father walks up to us, "Mind if I cut in?" Sean chuckles and moves aside "Take it away pops"

I smile and grab my father's hand. "You know I regret not being there for you and your brother, so much of your lives I've missed." He looks in my eyes with sincerity.

"Dad, we knew you were working to keep us in those private schools, for the best education. We admired you for your hard work and dedication to our family, you mean the world to us."

"That wasn't enough, I wanted to be the father I had, always there. I didn't know how much not being there would affect me right at this very moment. Realizing how strong my daughter truly is, and not being there to be a part of it." He held me closer to his chest, as we swayed back and forth to the music.

Oh I'll never know what makes this man
With all the love that his heart can stand
Dream of ways to throw it all away

"You'll always be a hero in my eyes dad, no matter what you think of yourself, you'll always be my number one man" I say smiling at him

Oh, gravity is working against me

And gravity wants to bring me down

Oh twice as much ain't twice as good
And can't sustain like one half could
It's wanting more
That's gonna send me to my knees