Baby Come Back?

Sean POV

"Calm down baby..." Harper says rubbing my back while i sit on the couch contemplating how I'm going to kill Tristan.

"Calm down!? Calm down!? How the fuck can I be calm and this n*gga out here wildin! Putting my sister through his bullsh*t! How f*ckin dare this dude treat her like she ain't sh*T!

  My hands were shaken to the point where I thought I was having a seizure. I get off of the couch and try to move so I don't hurt Harper.

"Baby, Xander is okay, she's a strong woman and you know that. She doesn't need you to get yourself in trouble for trying to fight her battles." She tries to hold my hand. I'm just not feeling it right now so I pull away from her.

"Why did she come to you first? Why didn't she tell me what she was going through?"
"Maybe because you would react like this, and she felt she could handle it." Harper sighs and walks closer to me.

"Sean your sister is going through a really hard time, you know how much she loved him. She doesn't need a brother that is going to ask her a million and one questions about why she did what she did. She needs her caring and understanding brother who loves her regardless of whether or not she chooses to stay with Tristan."

The more I  listened to her, the calmer I became. She was right, Xander needs support and that's exactly what I am going to give her.

I turn to Harper "How did you become so wise?"

"I'm just the sh*t, you ain't know?" Smiling at me and then kissing me tenderly on the lips

Tristan is safe, for now.

Later that day

Xander walks through the door smelling like old people and medicine.

"Hey big sis, how was work?"

"It was go-"

"Good! Wanna go hang out?" She looks at me like she suspects something is up

"Uhh, sure let me go take a shower and change before we go though okay?"
"That's fine by me big homie" I smile largely at her making sure she can see my pearly whites. She walks past me with confusion written all over her face.

"I'll be waiting for you down here, don't take forever doing girly shit to yourself. This is a time sensitive event, I got planned for us." I yell up the stairs to her.

Now what the hell are we going to do? I got it!

The zoo! Xan and I would always go to the zoo when some sh*t went down, it was our way of getting away.

She comes down in black and red floral dress. "You look beautiful sis." she smiles "Why thank you my good sir!" and curtsy's .

I hold out my arm for her to take "Shall me madam?"She grabs it firmly "Lead the way!"

"So where are we going Sean?"

"I know how much you love surprise-"
"I hate surprises you know that! Remember my 15th birthday, you mom and dad thought it would be a good idea to have a bunch of people jump out at me when I got home?"

"YeaH! I remember that and aunt Sherla got-"

"Got punched in the face. So you wanna tell me then?"

Should I? Nah, I'll take my chances.

"No, you can wait to find out big head girl"

"My head is normal size!"

I laugh not because she yelled at me but because she thinks her head is a normal size. HA ! In what dimension?

"We pull up to the zoo gates and I look over at her and she eyes are like saucers. She turns to look at me, and says simply. "Thank you."

I hold her hand and look in her eyes. "Get out of the car!" We laugh and make our way to the front doors of the zoo.

"What do you want to see first?"

"Duh I wanna see the penguins first!" We walk arm and arm toward the penguin habitat and I look at her while she's busy staring at the  penguins.

How could he do this to her? She is the most amazing person I know (other than myself of course). It makes me mad as hell that I can't protect her from things like that. From guys like that.

"Hey, why are you staring at me like this? you're holding up progress let get a move on." I smile knowing exactly where she wanted to go next.

"I know where you wanna go!" She turns to me skeptically, "Where?"

"The lion den" We say simultaneously.

"Let us move forward" I say in a terrible British accent. 

That Evening

"Ugh, I am pooped aren't you Xan?" I turn to her and shes looking out of the car window. I can see she's trying hard not to cry.

"Xan? Hey, Xan!" I tap her

"Look at me." She turns her head, not looking up at me at first.

I lift her chin up to look at me. "Talk to me." She looks at me and I see the tears welding up in her eyes.

"Am i beautiful?" She sniffs.

"Of course, you are, why would you doubt that?" Xander shakes her head and looks down at the floor "Why would he do this to me? I thought he loved me. I thought i meant something to him?" The tears falling freely on her dress.

"Xan, I don't know why men do the things they do. I do know that you weren't the problem, he has issues he needs to work out. It's not a matter of how wonderful and beautiful you are, if he isn't right,then he isn't right."

I pull her into a hug knowing that it may not be what I want to do right now (I want to beat Tristan's as*) but it's what she needed.

****

I love their sibling-ship!

***VOTE***COMMENT***