Chapter Four

Picture of Sky's outfit above^^^

We sat and watched t.v. We watched for hours. Just joking around, guessing who was the killer. Guessing who was not. Just being kids. The kids we rarely got to be.

After the fifth showing Andi fell asleep and I got up to go get a drink.

Walking down the hall I tried to be as quiet as possible in this unfamiliar dangerous place, when all of the sudden a hand reached out of a closet and grabbed my arm. Another went over my mouth.

I heard his already familiar accent right next to my ear. "Don't scream it's just me." I felt his breath go down my neck and shivered, nodding.

"Good girl." He spun me around, holding my arms. "So what are you doing up this late?" He whispered.

"How is that any of your business?" I said then put my hands over my mouth, shocked I had said something so rude. "I mean um, I w-was thirsty. And I um, went to get a drink. And um, yeah...?"

He gazed down at me blue eyes sparkling, amused "Okay, love. Just wondering." Then he released my arms, ran his fingers through his dark brown hair and walked out of the closet. Leaving me more confused than ever.

I continued walking down the hall to the stairs. When got to the bottom I looked left and right, now realizing I had no idea where i was going.

I turned, prepared to just go to bed without my drink, "I knew you'd realise you have no idea where to go soon." I saw him standing behind me, a few stairs up. His 6' something always somehow managing to make me, at 5'6" and pretty average height feel short, especially standing a few stairs up.

He walked down and grabbed my arm gently, "Come on then, I'll show the lady to the kitchen." He kept going down to the kitchen, stopping at an open door.

I walked past him and into the kitchen, once to the fridge I pulled out the water that was in a pitcher. A hand appeared next to me holding a glass, "Here you go, love. You might need this." I gripped the glass tightly in my shaking hands, looking at my grey sweats and white shirt that said Fall Out Boy on it. My toes were moving in my slippers.

"Thank you, I'm going to, um, go back upstairs now." I turned and walked out of the room. Lying down on the bed, I let myself be consumed by my thoughts as I always managed to do.

Whore

Demon

Slut

Devil

Worthless

Replaceable

Useless

The words from my past echoed in my head. Always coming back to haunt me.

Why could I never be free? Because you trap yourself in the past. Came the unwanted answer from deep in my mind.

Why years later did her words affect me still? Because she was your grandma, meant to love you. Spoil you. And instead she took everything away. Called you the devil.

Why do the completely random gunman's words cut so deep? Because, they took your virginity, your innocence, and your parents all in on me night.

"No one will want you once I'm done with you." The words that haunted me. That evil man, who took everything. He told me no one would want me. Everyone told me that no one would want me.

Once I walked up to my room where Andi was no longer sleeping on the bed.

Odd. I was thinking as I lay down, thinking about my life before Andi had saved me.

Flashback:
My grandma had picked me up from the police station all tears and hugs and I'm so sorry, I'll do everything to get her better. But in her eyes I saw it, even when they didn't. She hated me now. She thought their spirits were stuck in my head. That I was keeping her son from going to heaven. That I was the devil himself.
"Go in, you are not allowed you wear your own clothes anymore." She paused and smiled a smile I didn't recognize. What happened to my loving grandma?  "You get one meal a day. Can't have you starved to death or people will get suspicious. And you aren't going to school anymore. I'll 'homeschool' you." I would never learn another thing school related after she locked me in. We both knew it.  "Your room is the closet in the upstairs hall. I'll be locking you in. Now go."
I trudged upstairs, wondering were the grandma who had made cookies with me, decorated the tree, and spoiled me beyond belief had gone.
Once upstairs I went to the closet normally kept full of towels and quickly realised she had done some "redecorating" if you could call it that. Mirrors lined the walls and there was a blanket on the ground with one pillow. A red plastic bucket sat in the corner, I didn't even want to think of what that was for.

I was ten.

I spent a good two years in that hell.

At twelve I got lucky one, of her friends found me and screamed, calling the police. Thinking I was a wild animal, bones sticking out, hair everywhere, eyes wild, I guess I was. Grandma went into the psych ward.

At twelve i entered the system, bounced from one horrible house, to another horrible house. All only in it for money.

At thirteen I meet Andi she and i were in a house that "forgot" to give us food everyday. She found me food.

She was months from eighteen, and would plenty have money from a trust fund from her gramps, she would get it on her eighteenth birthday.

Her birthday came.

She gained custody and we built a life together.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------