Chapter Seventeen

Andi

Wes had kicked us out of the room as soon as he got in, saying and I quote 'if all of you are worriedly breathing down my neck for one more second I will kill her myself.' getting a growl from the boys and a gasp from me. Then I dragged them out of the room.

Luke and Gabe had also appeared from doing whatever it is they do when they aren't with us and sat next to Shawn.

Brody and I sat next to each other, he had his arm around my shoulders. We hadn't talked about what we were to each other, we just got comfort from one another.

We all sat I silence until Wes came out. "Sky's awake," when we all got up instantly and moved towards the door he waved us back, Luke and Gabe holding Shawn back. "But I only want one visitor in there." he pointedly looked at Shawn, "one that's stable right now."

"I'm fucking stable." He gritted out, his teeth grinding. I flinched, that had to be hurting his molars.

"Andi, go in. Wes stay out here, explain what happened to the rest of us." Brody was now speaking, this was why he was President. "I found a note in there, I think it was the trigger," I stopped wanting to see what caused all this pain, " Go, I'll show you later," Brody was still speaking, "She'll probably tell you anyway." I nodded once and walked away.

I pushed open the door, looking around at Shawn's room, I'd been in here a few times with Sky over the last week since she had practically moved in and Shawn and Brody refused to let us leave.

"Hey," she muttered from the bed, when she was a few tears go down my face. "I'm not dead yet."

I smiled a little at her and ran over crushing her in a hug. "Your ok." I said into her hair.

"Yep a little blood won't kill me! I'm superman!"

"Of course," I was going to ruffle her hair when I saw the blood coating the blond strands. "Can you wash your hair?" I asked hoping she wouldn't have to just leave it.

"Probably, it'll sting though. So I will later."

"I'm gonna stay here? If that's ok with you? But you should stay awake, do you have a concussion?" she nodded and I thought for a minute, "we can watch something?"

"Yeah, stay, I need someone to keep me awake." she stated with a smile, then she whispered, "I love you Andi, you'll always be my best friend."

"I love you to." I said.

And as I sat there next to the friend I definitely could have lost that day I realized something, Sky would always come first. Before boys, or my career, she even came before my own college degree because I knew that was what she wanted even when she didn't admit it to me herself. She was there for me when no one else was and even if she denied it, I would always protect her.

------------------------------

Shawn

I was going crazy not being able to see Sky. Wes had said she had a minor concussion and should stay awake for twenty four hours. The bleeding was superficial, head wounds bleed a lot.

Even though I had known that, getting a lot of head wounds myself, I was unable to get the image of Sky's blood covering my floor and hands out of my head. She looked dead lying there in a pool of her own blood.

I thought back to when Sky had her seizure...

"Hey love," I unwrapped my arm from around her small waist, waking up slowly.

She looked up at me, her blue eyes sparkling. "Morning to you to, Love." She said her sweet voice trying to copy my accent.

I rolled over and pinned her to the bed, both of her arms held down above her head with one of mine. "You are very bad at mimicking my accent, Love." I leaned down and nipped her earlobe. "But that's ok," I rolled off her body and stood up. She was blushing a neon red while I smiled, laughing to myself about how innocent she was.

"Can you go grab my mail?" I questioned her. "I need to shower."

"Course." She responded, then bolted from the room.

I kept laughing all the way to the shower and heard her enter the room again, I listened to her move around the room, getting ready. She had told me she always showered at night since Andi had liked to shower in the morning and took all the hot water when they lived together. Then I decided to be annoying, "Sky? What's your least favorite song?" I said innocently, waiting until she hesitantly responded, "Twelve days of Christmas, it's to repetitive."
A second later I screamed loudly enough she could hear it but not loud enough to make her have a seizure, "ONE THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME....." She hadn't had a seizure in almost two weeks and I was shocked she hadn't during the shooting but I was grateful.

Sky walked to the door, and knocked on it, she said "You idiot. That song is seriously strange." but I heard the smile in her voice.

"I know Love! That's the point!" I screamed back.

"Hey can I open this letter? It says to Sky and Shawn?" She asked though the door, sounding excited to have received a letter. She'd also told me how much she loved letters. How they reminded her of old timey stories.

Not seeing a reason why she shouldn't, I responded, "Course Love, be done in a minute." Then I stopped the water and grabbed my towel, it was on the rack right next to Sky's pink one, making me smile. Still smiling I wrapped it around my waist and opened the door, just as I heard a terrified scream from Sky.

That sound would haunt me for the rest of my life.

I put my head in my hands. I should have told her to wait to open it, something. I should have been able to help her.

But I couldn't. I had to live with that.

So I did what I did best, I walked into Brody's office and we spent four hours calling in favors. Tracking The Fallen Archangel, she wouldn't get Sky. I would never let her, Sky and Andi were under the protection of Dark Rides, and no one hurt one of us.

-----------------------------------------------------------