Chapter Eight

AH EIGHTY EIGHT READS AND IM WRITING CHAPTER EIGHT

I had to point that out.

But in all seriousness this is really cool!

It's the first book I had the guts to publish so...

THANKS FOR READING MY BOOK!!

Brody (this is my thank you)

He was touching what I considered mine. My girl. So, I beat him to a pulp. And I can't say the person on top of our Sky was doing any better, the second Shawn got his hands on him he would wish he was dead.

Both of us knew what we were doing. How to hurt someone till they were begging to die, and then we left them alive.

Shawn was acting what girls would call "sweet" towards Sky. And I'm guessing they would describe me the same way towards Andi.

We were anything but.

Sure we helped out the police, we protected abuse victims, and we stopped assholes from raping girls when we could. But I wouldn't refer to us as sweet. If you messed with something that was ours we would get revenge, and it wasn't always considered legal.

I carried Andi, wearing my jacket, which I will never let her forget that she grabbed, down the hall and into the double room we had given the girls. Shawn walked silently behind me, obviously also deep in thought. We parted ways to put them into their beds.

I pulled down the covers while still holding Andi tightly to me. Placing her down I pulled them back up and before I left the room I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

"Night sweetheart." I whispered close to her ear. My back straightened up, I walked out of the room, closing the door with a muted click behind me.

Shawn and I walked out of living area we had outside their rooms and into the kitchen were Luke and Gabe sat.

"What just happened?" Luke said. Obviously not very happy.

"I have no clue, we need to keep a closer eye on them. Apparently they are in more danger than ever they thought." Gabe responded, the two of them talking in their own little conversation. Even though other people were in the room, like usual.

Shawn butted in, "Did you see their cuts? They were part of a gang." He cringed. "Sky might be part of something big, and not even know it."

"We need to look into the attack on her and her parents, and Shawn can't come." I said earning a glare from Shawn.

"Why the hell not?" He was automatically furious, but I had my reasons.

"We need some people to stay behind, and I'm not leaving them with prospects and people they don't even know!"

"I still want to come." I looked at him, knowing he was going to kill me for even mentioning his feelings.

"If this happened to Andi I would kill the person on sight, ask questions later. You aren't coming, because we have to ask questions."

"Fuck," he muttered under his breath. "I'm going to their rooms, when do you leave? And who are you taking?"

"Tonight, and Gabe, Luke, Cole, Wes, and Micheal. "

"Good. Don't get killed." He said, what we always said to each other before a run.

"I won't." Then I walked down the hall.

----------------------------------------------------------
I know it's really short, I'm starting the next chapter in...
One
Two
Three
BLASTOFF