Chapter Fifteen

HOLY CHEESECAKES 200 READS

THIS IS AMAZING

THANK YOU

--------------

One week later.

Sky

Something was off about everyone, they were all tiptoeing around me. Like I was going to break. And I didn't know why. But I could guess, in the first home I was in, it was actually good. The other foster girl was shy but kind. The mom was nice, and the dad took us to sports events when he wasn't working five shifts to pay for the two foster kids and one of their own kids they had in their house. And then the kids heard the parents talking about my past. They stopped speaking to me, it was like they thought I was glass. Exactly how everyone was treating me. Only one person knew my story to begin with. Andi.

Now, if you are wondering how I wound up in those horrible foster homes later on, the story goes like this.

Later they decided they could only afford to foster one kid and since Danny, the other girl got along with Cat, the biological daughter. They kept her, and sent me back, like a broken toy. Danni and Cat didn't even say goodbye.

I walked out of my room, swinging a hard left and heading straight into Andi's room, I saw she was on her laptop. I stomped in, slamming her laptop closed, "You bitch!" I exclaimed, "you told them didn't you..." I said seeing red.

"Yes I did, did Shawn tell you?" She responded, completely calm, unless like me you knew to look at her foot. It would tap three times, over and over if she was nervous.

"NO!" I was only slightly mad at her, I knew the story would get out somehow, but was still upset. "But everyone's treating me like I am five. Which I'm completely and utterly not."

"I told them so they could help you. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She was begging, and I couldn't stay mad at her. She was all I had.

"Ok," I muttered. I understood, I probably would have told them at some point anyways. Or at least Shawn, maybe.

She pushed her laptop away and got up, running to me and strangling me in a hug.

"It's ok." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

-------------------------------------------------

Shawn

Someone hurt my Sky. I was still furious, that someone would hurt her. And that she didn't tell me herself.

She kept saying we'd only known each other a week, I stopped caring about time and age one week ago, the day I meet Sky.

Now I had five things to worry about, and not just for Sky for Andi to. What happened with her grandmother, what happened in between her grandma and Andi, what happened when she was a kid with two gang leaders for parents, Andi's dad, and if Andi had anything else from her past that could catch up to the girls.

I was worrying like a girl,

on her wedding night,

who just broke her foot.

and then a bomb hit the place where she was having the stupid wedding.

Why am I thinking about weddings?

"Hey Shawn," Brody was waving me over from the bar the second I walked into the compound, "Come here."

I walked over and then I spotted Andi sitting one the bar with Brody in between her legs, apparently he'd figured out that situation pretty fast. Or she was drunk.

"Is she drunk?" I whispered at him, smiling.

"Drunker than Cole after a run." Brody responder while Andi was stroking his hair and smiling, Cole was one of the only people we let help with Sky and Andi. But after a run where someone hurt or got killed, on either side, Cole drank himself to oblivion. He was soft, but he was a good shot and a good fighter.

"That's pretty drunk doll,"  I said still smiling at her antics, now she was trying to get Brody to take off his shirt.

Sky arrived dragging Luke and Gabe behind her. "HI," she ran up to me and kissed my cheek, then bolted away grabbing Wes and Micheal, dragging them to the bar also.

"Is she fucking drunk?" I said directing the question at Luke and Gabe.

Their downcast eyes told me my answer, as I was walking away I heard behind me, "She wouldn't let anyone stop her, she was upset about something." that had to have come from Luke, he saw himself as Sky's protector, even from herself. While Gabe saw himself as an older brother and would cover for her in an instant.

Sky and Andi had us all wrapped around their little fingers the second they walked into the compound.

"Hey love," I walked up to her as she was trying to get Cole to come to the bar along with a prospect named Ash.

"Give me a minute!" she was past tipsy, I was wondering how much she  had to drink.

Bending down I leveled my shoulder with her stomach and picked her up.

"Hey! we've done this before! Now put me down." Sky was punching my back with her small fists, making me laugh. That didn't hurt at all.

"No way love. I like you like this." I stated. Then I walked her into my room and placed her on my bed. "Now sleep." I whispered and kissed her forehead. Yet again. And just like the night of our first date I stripped down to my boxers and climbed in after her. Falling asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andi

I was drunk, very drunk.

And for some reason I was petting Brody's hair while he sat in between my legs. But I was fine with this position.

And then the shots went off, I saw all the boys pull out their guns and then Brody pushed me over the bar and into the arms of a prospect behind it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Brody

"Luke! Behind the bar with Andi, Gabe go find Sky," They both instantly followed my orders, Luke jumping over the bar and holding Andi back from running towards me, whispering words I couldn't hear in her ear. Gabe ran off towards Brody's room, where him and Sky had disappeared to.

The shoots stopped.

One minute later Shawn ran out of his room, and I heard Sky scream behind him.

Two minutes later we stood in silence staring at Cabe's dead body.

Three minutes later more shoots were fired.

"EVERYBODY DOWN!" I screamed. and everyone ducked behind bars, chairs, or couches. Anything they could find.

They stopped again.

"Women and kids get to the shelter, along with Gabe, Luke, Wes, and Micheal. They rest of you are with me, lets go figure this out."

Brody walked up to me, out of breath. "Now was this hit for Andi, Sky, or us?"

"That's what we have to find out." I sighed and walked from the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------