Chapter Twelve

Sky

White is such a pretty color.

Did you know white is pretty much every color together as bright as possible? In light at least.

Its a rainbow, but brighter.

It represents being pure.

Which I'm not, not since that horrible man hurt me. He took everything.

Did you know there is a vaccine, it prevents cervical cancer.

But,

You can only get it if you haven't and I quote the doctor here "been exposed."

That's just an example, but he took everything. My parents, my virginity, my mind, my grandmother, all gone.

And now, now I've been accused of knowing that it wasn't an accident like my social worker once said. But was in fact a someone assassinating my parents.

That hurts.

-------------

When I woke up I was in my room, facing the wall that was filled with windows. Filled with white light. At this point I think the world is just mocking me, I sighed moving my body and trying to roll over, but something was holding my hand closest to the windows.

Shawn.

He was asleep so I reached over and flicked him on the head, "Get up you lazy idiot." I said still annoyed he had left me with the Prospect. He stayed asleep, head to the side showing me his calm, peaceful face as he slept.

Actually I was furious.

"How dare you leave me alone with him you asshole!" I screamed hitting him on the back of the head with my hand, multiple times.

He jolted awake getting into a fighting stance, just like last time. And also just like last time he quickly turned around towards me after seeing no possible threat.

"What was that for?" He muttered, obviously very tired. He started to close his eyes again when I reached out my hand and flicked his head.

"No, no sleep for you. You big fat meany."

Looking down at his stomach he pulled up his shirt, showing his six pack, "Do I look fat to you?" he said raising an eyebrow and smirking at my flustered face.

"Is that all you got out of that sentence?" I muttered, blushing.

"Pretty much." Shawn replied, jumping on the bed and bouncing a few times before settling next to me. He grabbed me around the waist and pulled me into his body, putting his face in my neck, breathing in my scent. "I'm sorry I doubted you." he breathed slowly onto my neck, sending tingles down my spine, "I should have known they wouldn't have involved you, and that you were to good of a person to do all the stuff they did."

"Shawn," I looked, nervously at him, "We've only known each other a few days, you don't have to know everything about me."

"But I want to," he muttered quietly into my neck, "how about this?" He jumped up off the bed and onto the ground near me, and got down on one knee in front of me.

What.

The.

Cheeseballs.

"I Shawn Owen ask you Sky Robinson, onto a first date." He stood up and grabbed my small waist in his big hands pulling me into his body, "But not just any old date, no the best, most amazing first date you have ever seen. dreamed of, or read about."

I smiled at him, "Well, how can a girl say no to that?"

----------------------