Chapter Twenty-four

Andi

Black is such a pretty color.

It's like night. And you can only see the stars and moon when it's night.

I found a book on the moon when I was a kid. It was my mother's.

Now I loved it, the darkness.

And black,

The night.

Black was such a pretty color.

------------------------------------------

My father was dead, and I was laying in bed in the night with Brody.

That can't be the normal response.

Seriously.

---------------

Sky

When I woke up Shawn was leaning over my body and I was lying in his bed. The black sheets a stark contrast to my pale skin.

I breathed in the already familiar scent surrounding me. "Hi, Shawn." I muttered and turned my head away from my pillow, into his.

"In your words 'One, Mine!'" He squealed, trying to imitate my voice, ripping the pillow away from me, I very let out a very ladylike snort.  "and two, I saw the letter are you ok?"

"I didn't even finish the stupid thing, what'd it say?"

"Not much," he replied and looked down at his feet, he only did that when he lied. Or I asked what color his shoes were.

They never matched his outfits, it drove Andi and I crazy.

What was I talking about...

Oh yeah! Shawn's lying to me. Why?

-----------------------------------------------

Shawn

I couldn't tell her the note had said that someone would go missing soon if she didn't go to "Cool Beans," a coffee shop downtown. I just got her back again and I wasn't going to lose her.

We would find whoever they took and it would be fine, I just couldn't tell her. I knew she would go.

"Love, it was just a stupid note. Nothing serious." I lied, "She's just blowing off steam now that her partners dead."

"Ok," she nodded hesitantly and kept looking suspiciously at me.

Trying to lighten the mood I jumped on her, keeping most of my weight off of her but still effectively pinning her down.

"HEY NOW LOVE, OFF" she screamed and started squirming under me.

"That's my accent you're mimicking there Love," I started tickling her sides and still holding her down. 

"STOP," she gasped out between laughs, "NO, n- STOP."

I stopped and pinned her hands down above her head. "Say Shawn is the most amazing person I have  ever meet in the whole universe."

"NEVER!!" she screamed and I resumed tickling her.

"Now will you say it?" I breathed near her ear.

"YES ok I'll say it, stop,"

I stopped.

The silly girl bolted out from under me and ran into the hall, oh she thinks she's sneaky.

What she doesn't realize is that Brody and  spent hours playing hide and sneak in these very halls when it was his parents house.

So I knew every hiding spot in the house by heart.

Sky had no chance.

I heard her move from inside the closet and moved towards it, avoiding the floorboards that would crack and reaching the closet. Then I swung open the door, "Why hello there Sky."

She screamed and jumped on me, wrapping her legs around my waist.

I moved forwards towards the back wall and slowly closed the door behind me, so it wouldn't slam, holding her to me the whole time so she couldn't jump down.

"Was that really a good idea?" I said pushing her into the wall.

"Well no.... but its you, you won't hurt me." She said and leaned up, before she could kiss me I stopped her.

"Do you remember when we were first in this closet?" she nodded slowly, probably wondering where I was going with this conversation. I continued, "I think that's when I first realized I was falling for you Sky Robinson."

"Me to, Shawn Owen." Sky whispered near my ear, then she moved up, kissing me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown

I didn't want to hurt my brothers, not after all they had done to help me. But I had started this, become a spy for The Fallen Archangel and if I backed out now she would kill me and my little girl.

I couldn't let her. So I would betray them, take one of the boys and make Sky go to her, because I didn't have a choice.

This wasn't in my hands anymore, I had to get away from the club and protect my baby.

That was my main goal. Nothing else mattered.

So when Sky and Shawn disappeared into the hall closet together and Brody and Andi were doing god knows what in Brody's room, I walked into the main room of the compound.

"Hey man, want to go check on how that prospect is doing out there?" I asked the person I knew Sky would leave for, other than Shawn.

"Course, lets see what's going on."

Then I lead Gabe out of the compound, and into a trap. 

--------------------------------------------------------------