Chapter Eighteen

Sky

The notes continued for six days and every day one would come, addressed to a different person. I used to love mail, getting an actual letter. Knowing someone cared enough to write it, get an envelope and stamp, then figured out a way to send it. Instead of just typing something and hitting send.

Now I hated it.

I was terrified of mail, that it could possibly be my mom. I was so scared, it made me tremble. Not from seizures, from fear.

Then the day before Andi's dad got out of jail, the letter didn't come.

Everyone was bracing for their name to be called, but there was nothing.

Except, Andi's dad was getting out of jail, and only Brody, Andi, Shawn, and I had been keeping track of it. So Brody called a meeting to adjourn.

"As we all know, Sky's mom is The Fallen Archangel and is after Sky. We have been receiving letters from her, but did not get one today. The day before Andi's dad, and abuser will be getting out of jail." Brody looked around the room, "this cannot be a coincidence. We will figure out what is going on." he looked at me and Andi, "you two are only on here because it directly involves you. Yes?"

We nodded, both a little intimidated. Andi less so since she'd been in here before and it was Brody looking down threateningly at her, we all knew he would never hurt her. No matter how much they both denied it.

"Figure this out." Brody continued, "Michael get on computers," I'd learned that Michael was a great hacker and tracker. He was head of security. Brody continued "See if they left a trail. Luke and Gabe your on babysitting duty." They both smiled at us... babysitting duty? I thought for a minute, Hey! I glared at Brody and he just smiled, "Shawn you and me are calling people, everyone else go do your assigned runs."

Shawn walked down to me from the elevated table, "See you later Love." he kissed my forehead and walked away.

Gabe came up behind me, "Hey! Only I can do that!" he kissed my forehead and glared at Shawn, "SEE," then after a second. "Also, you hurt Sky and I will hunt you down." During his last sentence he dropped his high pitched joking tone and got slightly more serious.

Shawn continued walking, shaking his head and just before he was out of sight he flipped off Gabe, earning an enraged gasp from him.

"Excuse me!" he continued yelling after him after he was long gone. I just shook my head and pulled him out of the room.

"You're crazy," I said smiling up at him.

"Yes as a matter of fact I am Sky Lye. But it makes you smile, so it's ok." He saw Luke walking with Andi, somehow we had gotten separated after the meeting, and skipped over there dragging me behind him. Like a four year old drags his old ratty favorite toy behind him, dragging on the ground.

"Hey guys." I muttered. Andi and Luke laughing at me. "Oh hush, you try to get your arm out of this large four year olds grip."

Andi and Luke just kept laughing while Gabe let out another enraged gasp. Looking at me he had fake tears in his eyes. "Sis?" he whined looking like a sad puppy.

"Oh I'm sorry you big baby!" I laughed and hugged him, "You know I love you."

He hugged me back and picked me up off the ground. "Yay!!" he squealed.

And I laughed along with the boy who was apparently my adoptive brother.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andi

Sky fit in so well here, and I was glad. I was thinking about leaving now that she was most likely safe with the boys, I knew they would protect her and always care for my Sky.

As if sensing my thoughts she looked at me and jumped out of Gabe's arms, "I love you." she whispered near my ear. "We can be happy here when everything's handled, I have Shawn and you can have Brody! It'll be perfect. We should have a girls night, chocolate, ice cream, hot guys that aren't bikers, and we can talk about the boys!" I hated lying to her.

Gabe and Luke looked at each other and Sky's excited face, you could see the moment they caved. Luke was the one to respond, "We could....um, sit outside in the living room and play.... video games?"

"Perfect." Sky screeched, I nodded happily along. Again feeling happy she would have the boys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We grabbed six hersheys bars each, me knowing she would ask me for at least two, I always grabbed two more than I wanted nowadays. It was strange how much we had worked ourselves into each others lives over the past few years.

"Ok, so boys or telly first?" She asked looking like an overly happy kid on Christmas morning.

"How's Shawn?" I asked. Knowing that would get her talking.

"Great, I think we are getting closer and its really nice! We'll always swap stories and he's not pressuring me about anything..." I looked at her red face and laughed. I knew what she meant. "So how are you and Brody?" that I wasn't expecting.

We had the weirdest relationship, he was so off and on. It was like he liked me but whenever we got closer to something happening he would just go cold again. Whenever I had a nightmare he would hold me and try to calm me down, he was so good with Sky and I decided a long time ago if Sky didn't approve then it was a no go, he could be so sweet and dominant at once it was confusing though. He was like a firework. He would go off for a little and it was amazing, beautiful, and then it was gone. Just leaving behind a bunch of ash and a smell of smoke as a memory that it was there to begin with.

Sky clapped in front of my face, smirking. She just arched an eyebrow and reached for the remote to turn on American Horror Story. That was one of my favorite things about her, she knew just when to drop a subject and when to push. She knew my limits better than I did.

"Luke?!" I screamed in the general direction of the door.

"Yes?" He actually walked to the door, like the nice guy he is.

"Could you pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top get us popcorn?" I asked putting my hands under my chin and smiling widely at him.

"Yeah, yeah." he walked away and I fistpumped.

"I TOLD YOU, I TOLD YOU I COULD!"  I screamed at Sky as she looked at the door were Luke had once stood.

"Ok, I owe twenty dollars, you win." she sighed. "Stupid, nice, biker boys..." she muttered more under her breath that I couldn't hear.

It was one of the best girls nights we'd had, and it almost made me forget about the fact my dad was getting out of jail tomorrow.

Almost.

----------