PART 1: chapter 1

Before you read this book can you please watch the attached video. I know this book isn't so much about bullying as it is a Jayonce love story but I honestly think It's important to spread the message on bullying. I feel like in recent years awareness of bullying has gone down especially as you get older. I understand that it's probably because we get tired of hearing about it so much but I really think its so important that we learn to value other people because we are all gifts from God put on this planet for a purpose. Also if you are or know of anyone who is being bullied I want you to tell someone as soon as possible. Don't think that telling someone makes it worse because it really doesn't. That's the only way any of this will get better, after all there's always some rain before a rainbow. Also If you have been bullied in the past it would be wonderful for you especially to take action and stand up for those who are being bullied, that may be something as simple as a speech or becoming a mentor. Please remember that Bullying is a serious thing and is never appropriate or justified. 

STANDING BY AND DOING NOTHING WHILE A SIN IS BEING COMMITTED IS THE SAME AS COMMITTING THE SIN ITSELF ~ Amish Tripathi

CHAPTER 1

Monday October 11th 1998

I was sitting in my usual seat on the dingy school bus, I don't sit at the back because that's where the popular kids sit, and I don't sit at the front because that's where the nerds sit. I sit right in the middle, on the left side in the seat closest to the window.
Michelle's dad drives her to school and Kelly walks so I'm always alone on the bus and that's the way I like it. I like being alone because I've never been much of a people person, I've always kept to myself and preferred  to be left alone to read a book or listen to music. Everyone has problems, for me my problems have always been things for me to face alone and have no power over what so ever and so my outlet has always been music. A time where I can block everything else out and be truly happy, that's the only way to say the things I've always been too scared to say in real life. And so here I sit on the yellow school bus on my way to school. I was wearing a pair of baggy jeans with a camouflage tank top and my hair was down with my light make up on my face and my sneakers on my feet. I had my flannel shirt tied around my waist and my bag resting on my lap as I leaned my book down on to it and pushed my glasses up on my face. I only wear glasses when I'm reading and no other time but I still manage to maintain the name four eyes but I don't pay it any attention. The bus came to a stop at Ravenpowel Road when Shontelle Evans gets on. Shontelle Evans? The lead cheerleader or cheerleader captain or whatever it's called. She's that officious girl in school everyone wants to be, well everyone except me anyway. She's pretty, she is a black girl with dark brown hair just past her shoulders and constantly wearing her cheerleaders uniform with those silly little white shoes and school coloured ribbons in her hair. She got on the bus and walked straight to the back without even looking at the driver who I'd come to know over the years and glancing at me before smiling sarcastically and continuing with her walk before finally sitting at the back with her group of girls. Shontelle has always possessed the need to annoy everyone around her which is probably the only reason she gets the school bus, we're juniors in high school with our permits and if your lucky enough to have rich parents like Shontelle then you have a nice expensive car too, so honestly she has no reason to get the bus. But she does. How disconcerting.

"I like your hair Beyoncé, where did you get it?" She asked smirking at me, I turned around and looked at her.

"Pardon?" I asked not really hearing what she said properly but not honestly wanting to hear it either.

"oh sorry you're one of those lower class people who don't understand properly, Your hair!" She shouted, "Where did you get it?" She asked slowly causing her gang of friends to start laughing.