PART 3: Chapter 12

Beyoncé POV

Awareness crept up and engulfed my body slowly at a similar speed at which it had left me when I was falling asleep the night before. I heard the door handle move slowly before the door creaked open but I didn't move until a large pair of warm arms wrapped around my waist causing me to smile. Letting my head stay on the softness of the pillow I smelt the crisp air  as I pushed my body back ever so slightly into the figure. 

"Mom?" A little boy's face was close to mine and I could feel it, "Mom wake up" He whispered causing me to giggle slightly as he used his small and soft fingers to lift my eyelids and look closely at me. With his face close to mine I pushed my lips out for a kiss which he returned by pecking them with his own. "Mom guess what day it is" He moved away from me as I sat up in the bed and let the duvet fall off my body ever so slightly and I looked at to see Jay still asleep with his arms around my waist. 

"I have no idea" I said playing dumb causing him to haul his small body onto our bed and roll his eyes as he held his teddy up for me to see. 

"It's Rah-Rah's birthday!" He yelled excited causing me to laugh harder and grab him before pulling him onto my lap and playing with his tiny feet a little bit. 

"And what would Rah-Rah like for his birthday?" I asked my son who raised his big brown eyes in thought and placed his finger on his chin. 

"He would like for daddy to wake up and give him a big kiss!" He yelled throwing his hands into the air before crawling over to his father and jumping on him repeatedly. "Daddy Daddy wake up wake up!" He jumped and I began pushing Shawn back and forth out of his sleep motivating his head to pop up and look at the two of us as if we were crazy. We laughed and Jay grabbed Corey and threw him in the air letting his 6 year old body fall back onto the bed in a fit of laughter before he grabbed me and pinned me down beneath him planting kisses all over my face. 

"Jay! Jay stop!" I giggled but he just kept on going until Corey spoke, 

"Hey, It's Rah-Rah's birthday not mommy's, silly" Corey huffed and then crawled between the two of us. "Don't you know anything?" He asked looking up at Shawn. I was laying on my back with Corey on top of me and Shawn hovering over the both of us laughing. 

"Oh yes! How could we forget such an important member of the family?" Shawn leaned down and planted a big wet kiss on the teddy bear and then on Corey's forehead and then on my lips...

I sat up  in the hospital bed and looked around the white room practically  begging to go back to my dream world and live there instead. Where Shawn and I had a son, where we had a beautiful family and life was happy but instead I was taken back to the harsh reality I faced. I had no idea if my baby was okay, I had no idea if I was okay and I had no idea what I was really doing in the hospital still. Why couldn't they tell me what was wrong yesterday and let me go home? I didn't understand a single thing at all, they haven't let me see my family and they haven't revealed any news to me at all. What kind of hospital was this?

A young woman walked into the room with a sympathetic smile on her face and lifted the clipboard at the end of my bed; at that point she walked over closer to me. 

"Hello Miss Knowles" She began but I didn't reply, "Miss, do you remember me?" She asked but I shook my head. "Thought you wouldn't, you were far too panicked to be paying attention to anything at all" I looked at her in disbelief, was this really the time to be making jokes? "So I've been your doctor, My name id Doctor Miranda Valentine and we've done a lot of tests on you and I'm sorry to inform you but you've miscarried" I looked at her in shock and then looked away.