PART 3: Chapter 5

Beyoncé POV:

I want to learn how to speak to anyone at any time and make us both feel a little bit better, lighter, richer, with no commitments of ever meeting again. I want to learn how to stand wherever with whoever and still feel stable. I want to learn how to unlock the locks to our minds, my mind, so that when I hear opinions or views that don't match up with mine, I can still listen and understand. I want to burn up lifeless habits of doing what I'm told and predictability, concentrated liquids to burn my mind and throat and I want to go back to the way nature shaped me. I want to learn to go on well with whatever I have in my hands at the moment in a natural state of mind. 

That's what I want to do. I want to achieve what I've never been able to achieve before and that is confident and voice and pure happiness regardless of my surroundings. This weekend was going to be eventful for sure, funny and hopefully beneficial for me. Since Evan and Mona broke up we decided against inviting him on our little road trip just because we thought it would be too awkward it's also valentines day tomorrow so that would just make it even worse. Oh gosh, Valentines day without him. Breath Bey, you can't do it. It's okay, you don't need him to be happy... you just really really want him.

"So I've got everything" Interrupting me from my thoughts Mona put her bag in the boot of my car and I lifted my head from my phone and smiled at her as she walked over to me, "God, we're lonely, miserable, boyfriendless and beautiful." She laughed a little and I laughed too before throwing my phone on my seat and  leaning on the car with her. 

"Ugh where is Scott?" I asked looking around at all the students who were walking off to their cars and wherever else they were going while we just stood their waiting on him. I bet he's brought an entire suitcase too, that's something he would do. We're just going to drive around but he thinks we're on vacation or something. He's so silly. 

"Don't even act like you're not late for everything" She glared at me blankly and I rolled my eyes before shoving her. "Here comes the beauty queen now" She pointed over to Scott who was making his way toward us with a tiny little suit case trailing behind him and a camera held up to his face as he waved to us. This nigga is not serious. We busted out laughing as he walked over closer and I just shook my head. This really is going to be a funny weekend. 

Scott POV

"And so the quest begins!" I shouted as I walked toward Bey's car with my bag and a camera in my hand, she rolled her eyes and pushed the camera away as I laughed and Mona kissed her teeth. "So ladies! Here we begin the journey to find an all new, more interdependent, opinionated and Strong Beyoncé. How are we feeling Miss Knowles?" I jumped in the back seat of the car still holding the camera up on Bey and Mo who had just taken their seats in the front of the car. They both looked back at me and smiled. 

"Put the damn camera down" Bey told me with attitude, I put the camera away with a sigh and leaned forward in my seat as we all looked between each other and smiled. 

"what's the plan?" I asked, Bey smiled and pulled a map up before pointing at where we are then going on to continue. 

"I've planned an entire route, this with we get to see as many places as possible and be back in suitable timing" She looked between us smugly causing Mo and I to look between each other. We were both thinking the same thing, this girl better put that damn map away, we then looked at her and she laughed a little. "My car, what I say goes" We rolled our eyes and then sat comfortably in our seats waiting for her to start the car. "Seat belts" She said with an annoyingly chirpy voice, we did our seat belts up and then she began driving.  Throughout the drive I picked up a lot of changes in her attitude, she really was adamant on this growing thing and It was good to see her so happy and enjoying life and speaking her mind without being afraid of what either of us had to say. Then again it was only Mo and I in the car so she had no reason to be worried. While we drove we had general conversations and I really do think this is going to be a great experience. Not only for Mo and I but for Bey. She's not really got out to see the city since being here and so I think it will do her some good. I expected her to be in a little bit of a mood since it's valentines day tomorrow and her first Saturday without Jay but she's surprisingly cool. Maybe leaving him was the right thing for her. Not that I support her decision because I think she could have just worked this all out with him instead of breaking up with his fine ass but who knows, maybe she was right.