PART 3: Chapter 1

(Beyoncé's side of the room is the right side- photo attached)  

Beyoncé  POV:

"Biochemistry is the branch of science that explores the chemical processes within and related to living organisms. It is a laboratory based science that brings together biology and chemistry. By using chemical knowledge and techniques, biochemists can understand and solve biological problems..."

I had read that page a thousand times already, the thick book rested on my crossed legs as I sat on my bed and gazed down at it. I wasn't in the mood for this, I simply couldn't take any notes at all or answer any questions or read another page. I just couldn't. I leaned my head back onto the wall and looked back down at the page wondering how I was going to get through this, I knew everything there was to know, I had been studying since the day we started, I got full marks on every assignment and I was confident within myself but there was always something telling me to work a little harder and do a little extra. I tried to do that as often as possible but today I just couldn't. It was already 8 pm and I hadn't ate dinner yet. Living on campus was a great thing and it's been proven that students who live on campus perform better than those who live off: Perhaps it's because students living in dorms are closer to the things they need, like the library and the computer labs. Or maybe it's because the meal plan that comes with most dorms takes the pressure off having to forage for food, giving students more time to study. And think of all the potential study partners floating around the hallways or energetically highlighting their textbooks in the study lounge. However, Communal bathrooms are... well, an experience. If I had a lot of siblings I probably would have been more used to it or I would mind less of sharing my space but I didn't and so I've had a lot more adjusting to do. I've always had my own bathroom but I guess you can't stay in your comfort zone forever.  Many halls only have one bathroom for guys and one for girls, meaning that twenty-eight girls may need to shower all at the same time. But this rarely happens. Everyone's schedule is different, so we don't  really have to wait too long to shave a shower and all that.  I quickly learned that the most important piece of equipment I need for your trips to the bathroom is a pair of flip-flops to protect my feet. Communal bathrooms aren't the cleanest of places. My father offered to pay extra for me to get my own dorm with the en-suite bathroom but I decided against it- sharing is a once in a life time opportunity I didn't want to give up. Last year during Jay's first year he got a suit-style dorm so he only had to share the bathroom with his roommates (There were three people in his room) and that was all. He's been rubbing it in my face all year but I don't mind because half the time I go to his new apartment to shower anyway.

"Beyoncé?" I looked away from the window and let my eyes fall on Mona who was walking in our room with a pile of books overflowing from her hands, I quickly chuckled then jumped down from my bed to help her with the books she was carrying. Mona Chevalier- my roommate- was often walking around with a pile of books, half of which she never actually needed but carried them just in case. 

When it came to our future careers we were both in the same both, neither of us really knew what we wanted to actually do but we chose to study things that we enjoyed and found interesting

When it came to our future careers we were both in the same both, neither of us really knew what we wanted to actually do but we chose to study things that we enjoyed and found interesting. For me that was Biochemistry and for her it was Math, I guess science and math go hand in hand and so that's probably why we got along so well.