PART 2:Chapter 2

2 weeks later.

Beyoncé POV

School was the same boring place as usual, you'd assume that senior year was the best year of all: The year when you really appreciate everything about school and you work hard to make sure your future is bright and substantial. It's all right.

I held my bag a little tighter as I walked down the street toward school. Michelle's being driven to school today by guess who... Mr Reece Williams, a man I didn't want my friend to be alone in a car with or myself. I would have gone with her but she told me not to and that she didn't want to force me to sit in a car with a man I couldn't stand. She thinks he's changed and he's a good man now but I don't buy a single bit of it, if anyone raped my mother and beat their wife I'd make sure we were far away from each other. So far that there was no possibility of them coming for me any time soon.

The sky was a pale blue without very many clouds, the sun was bright but it wasn't as if I could feel it's warmth. No, Instead it was one of those cold mornings. You know the ones where everything is bright and alive but it's not hot or humid and there is a cool breeze. That's what it's like, where you're not sure if you want to wear a coat or not but you take it anyway because you know weather can be unpredictable. I breathed in the air taking note of how fresh it felt, man I wish I had walked to school moor growing up. I used to get the car to school before the school bus but now I realise how much better walking is. I'm walking quite a distance but it's still a great experience, especially in Senior year when you know you're not going to be making this walk again in a while. Thank the lord.

I caught sight of the school and sighed before walking some more.

This always happens doesn't it? I'm happy, I've been happy and then... then it all comes crashing down. It sinks like the titanic, crumbles away like a cookie held in milk for too long and all you're left with are broken dreams, disappointment and hurt. I walked unknowingly, I thought obliviously and I screamed loudly.

In a split second the scene went from a crisp calm morning to a disaster as my heart pounded suddenly. I flew across the road before landing on the other side with my back hitting against a wall hard and my body hitting the ground with a loud thud. You're confused? You wan't to know what happened? I can't tell you because I don't actually know. One minute I was walking and then I was hit from the side by a car that had been pushed off the flipped over school bus and that's when it all started.

This was just the beginning of the misery.

I attempted to pull myself back up as I pulled my hand along the concrete beneath me but it was helpless, I was in far too much pain to move. No body was really bothered about my laying on the ground with a devil scolding my body. No, they all gathered around the burning school bus and car trying to make out what had happened. They all called the police and an ambulance and whatever else while I just laid there unable to move. I twisted so I was laying on my back looking up at the sky instead of the ground and I tried to breath properly. That was pointless too.

By the time I had awoken I was in hospital with my mom, dad and Solange with the doctor explaining I was very fortunate, she said "You should have died" and "You're awfully lucky" Those words didn't mean a thing because I felt like death. How dare she tell me I had no injuries when I could feel the broken pieces of me, when I laid in pain for an hour or two before they let me go with some pain killers. Lucky? How was I in any way lucky?

That was only the beginning of my dismay

Later that night I had tried to sleep but I couldn't. Everyone else in the house was sleeping peacefully but not me. No, I had to be difficult and stay up thinking about the events of the day. I missed school, phoned Jay, my friends came to see me, my mom never once left my sight and I was in pain. That wasn't enough, according to the laws of the world that wasn't enough. There had to be more pain coming my way and I knew it. I sat there and pondered, why? Why did bad things need to happen? Why did God feel the need to test me so much? Why was I put through so much? Why me? Out of all people in the world why me? I didn't want to be bothered, half the time I wanted to be invisible and yet all this shit has happened to induce the exact opposite of that.