PART 1: chapter 7

Beyoncé POV

I woke up in the morning on the couch in the living room and looked across the room to see Jay still asleep. He was sleeping on his side with his hands tucked under his face, his breath was steady and he was snoring lightly. I chuckled a little as he shuffled in his sleep and I sat up. I looked down at what I was wearing, a big top and flannel shorts, then crossed my legs as I looked at him.  I wonder if he's dreaming? If he is what is his dream about? What are his dreams about? Yesterday he told me about the business he was planning to open as soon as he got the funds to build it properly, he told me a lot about him and I tried to do that same. My mother always said you should never wake anyone from a dream if you don't have to because it's the only place where a lot of people can actually be themselves, it's the only place that magic really exists and it's the only place where you are invincible.  I continued to watch him before pushing the blanket off me and standing up. I looked down at his back poking out from behind his blanket to see his Bare skin. I looked at it hard and analysed it's colour- a chocolate brown. I then saw something with a different colour to his skin but on his skin. I walked a little closer to get a better look but it was covered by his sheets, I gently pushed the sheet back and saw what it was. Jay had a horizontal scar just below his ribcage on his side, around 5cm in length but not very wide at all. What happened? He hadn't told me about this. I touched it gently, what happened? The scar looked old and healed, fading away but still prominent. I let my fingers run over it but he groaned and moved causing me to jump back and look down at him. 

"what are you doing?" He asked me and he picked up his shirt and slipped it on over his head. Should I ask him about it?

"I ummm, I- good morning" I looked away from him. 

"Morning, you look beautiful" I blushed and looked at him. He was smiling at me and I rolled my eyes, he complimented me a lot- I had realised that since yesterday when he continued complimenting me randomly. Sometimes he didn't smile or even look at me, he just kept eating his food or watching the tv but blurted the words out and I couldn't help but blush every time.  I pushed him gently not sure how to react to his words and he smiled harder at me, "What? You do. Damn, you are so beautiful It's unreal. Oh My God. Looking at you makes me wonder why God even bothered put anyone else on the world. They can't even be seen next to you" He joked in a sarcastic voice and I just laughed before pushing him again but harder and saying, 

"You're an idiot" I sat next to him and looked at him some more. 

"you're a rapist. Think I didn't feel you touching me?" He asked and I quickly let my smile fall from my face,  "It's okay" He placed his hand on my ankle, wrapping his hand around it slightly and I leaned my head on his shoulder. 

"What happened?" I asked in relation to his scar. 

"I got into a fight when I was around 14, I was trying to show off and I pulled out a small pocket knife to scare the guy but he pulled out a big ass dagger. We were throwing punches and he grabbed me- I didn't have a chance, he was 19-  he tried to stab me and I got away. I got a bit of a scratch though" He said. I didn't know what was going on in my mind because the next thing I knew I was pulling off my top to show him one of mine. A scar I had. I don't know why. I didn't know how I was all of a sudden so comfortable to show him by body freely when I had spent years so insecure about it.

"Shontelle asked these boys to attack me when I was 15. They pinned me to a wall and kissed me before kicking me and stabbing me in the abdomen. My parents were so angry they wanted to press charges but there was no evidence that Shontelle actually had anything to do with it so she got out lucky. She told me herself it was her, but my mom still cries about it" I showed him the small scar on my lower stomach and placed his palm on it.