say anything

i don't understand why i can't just tell him how i feel. it's just that, it's so cliche to fall in love with your best friend. but love is love, no one has control over it.

i was sitting in my bed watching 'say anything' on my laptop. the first time shawn and i ever hung out was at a friends house where we watched this movie together, that was also the day we met two years ago.

as i was watching the movie i got a text.

shawny boi:
go on your balcony.

y/n:
why?

shawny boi:
just do it *nike*

i laughed at his reply and opened my balcony doors in my room, the song 'in your eyes' by peter gabriel filled the room. i walked out onto my balcony and saw shawn holding a boom box above his head. the song blasting from its speakers.

i looked shawn in the eyes and laughed, but he merely smiled in response.

i walked back into my room and rushed downstairs to go outside. once i got outside i noticed shawn had stopped playing the song from the boom box and had set it down in the grass.

"y/n, i have waited so long, too long to tell you this. skipping curfew that night we watched 'say anything' together two years ago the night we met, was the best thing that ever happened to me. because it brought me closer to you, y/n, i am in love with you,"

his eyes weren't his usual chocolate brown as he spoke, they were much darker then that, they had lost their sparkle. but i could not believe what i was hearing.

he loves me back.

"now y/n, i know you do not probably feel the same way. but i know in my heart that-"

i cut his rambling off my pulling him in and placing my lips on his. i wrapped my hands behind his neck and he kisses back with passion as he put his arms around my waist. as we pulled away, i looked again into his eyes to see them once as they were, bright and chocolaty. but his eyes had a sparkle in them that i could not begin to describe.

"so i'm guessing you like me back?" shawn questioned.

"of course not shawn."

he let go of my waist and scratched the back of his neck while looking at the ground, his face flushed and a look of sadness in his expression.

"oh, yeah. well that's okay i mean... i should probably go." he started to walk away but i grabbed hold of his arm and turned him around.

"i don't like you back because i love you back, shawn." once i said that... shawn looked like the happiest man alive.

sorry for the slow updates. i'm really tired now lol kay night.
aekmusic