... well then

Potions dragged on, with Wood and I barely talking. Our potion turned out amazing though, earning us both top marks. We walked back to the common room in silence, and arrived to see that we were the only ones there. Great. We both sat on the couch, facing each other, but not actually looking at each other. I had my Transfiguration book in my hands and I was reading it to prepare for the lessons I had later that day.

"I'm sorry," Wood spoke, breaking the silence.

"For?" I asked, not even looking up from my book.

"I've been an arse, like you said. It just took you saying it to make my realize. I promise I'll try not to be so arse-like from now on. And I'm sorry about the letters, you probably wanted space at such a hard time in your life and I was probably annoying you," he said, and I looked up at him so we were both looking into each other's eyes.

"Thank you, it means a lot that you apologized. So what do you say, clean slate?" I asked, receiving a nod from Wood, which made me smile.

------

The next two days flew by, consisting of nothing but food, homework, classes, and practice. Wood was running us so hard, almost to the point of insanity. Harry Potter had joined our quidditch team as a chaser (I know he's really a seeker, just go with it), and Wood had such a soft spot for him, it was kind of cute honestly. Wow, did I just call something Wood did cute? I think it's just the stress getting to me. Anyways, the game against Slytherin is today, and Wood will probably have our heads if we lose. 

"Maggie! Eat!" Wood said, shoving a plate of breakfast in front of me. It was piled high with pancakes, eggs, muffins, and a banana. I groaned and started slowly cutting into the pancakes.

"That's my girl," Woods said, and I looked at him confused.

"You know, 'cause you're my Seeker?" he said, laughing a bit. He patted me on the back and leaned down so his mouth was next to my ear.

"Remember, this game is all you. We're counting on you , so you have to be focused. Just play the Maggie way, and everything will go great," he said, and as he finished, he got up and sat down in his own spot a bit further down the table. I have to admit, the way he was touching me and whispering in my ear, it sent shivers down my spine. As much as I resent the guy, I have to admit, I'm a bit confused on how I feel about him. On one hand, he's a selfish bloke but on the other he's actually quite caring and compassionate. I snapped out of my daydream to see the rest of my team heading out to the locker room to change. I took a quick swig of my pumpkin juice and a last bite of my pancakes before sprinting out after then. 

Once I got to the locker room, I slipped on my quidditch uniform and grabbed my broom and stood at the edge of the pitch with the rest of my team. 

"Good morning Hogwarts! My name is Lee Jordan, and today we will witness the greatest Hogwarts rivals fight each other in the first game of the season!" Lee announced. Lee was also a close friend of mine, I just loved how he could fill a room with his jokes and could just cheer anyone up. He then started introducing every player one by one, and when they were announced, the player would soar up above the ground to get ready to start the game. He announced the Slytherin team, and you could clearly hear some Gryffindors booing, which caused the Gryffindor team to laugh a bit. Harry was called, then Alicia, then Angeina, then Fred, George, and Katie...

"Here she is, the greatest seeker that the Gryffindor team, no Hogwarts, has ever seen! She's lean, she's mean, she's a snitch catching machine, Maggie Smallwood!" With that, I flew up, going over to the Gryffindor side, and high fiving some of them before returning to the middle of the pitch.

"And lastly, the Gryffindor team captain, the best Keeper I know, Oliver Wood!" Oliver flew straight over to the middle of the court, waving to the Gryffindors and winking at me, or at least I thought it was pointed at me.