Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff

I woke up late. Thirty whole minutes late. It was 8 o' clock in the morning, and the match started at promptly at 8:15. I shook Katie awake and ran over to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I ran out of our dorm, and out of the common room as fast as I could to get to the pitch on time. Wood was going to kill me, he wasn't all sappy and romantic like he is when he's off the pitch when he's on the pitch. He was still sweet, don't get me wrong, but he just wasn't all sappy. I was almost at the pitch, and I heard Katie yell from behind me.

"It's 8:10! Hurry! She yelled, and we both started running even faster into the locker room. I opened my locker, haphazardly throwing on my uniform and throwing my pajamas into my locker. I slid on my Quidditch shoes and threw my hair up into a ponytail before running over to where the team was meeting to discuss plays. I walked up to Wood, grabbing his face.

"Hey love," I said, kissing one of his cheeks. "Sorry I'm late, so sorry," I said, kissing his other cheek, trying to butter him up a bit so he wouldn't be as mad. I saw Alicia out of the corner of my eye, turns out that Wood couldn't actually kick people off the team and that she had gotten away without any punishments. I pushed her out of my mind and looked up at Wood.

"I'm still angry. You have to respect the time you have to be here, if you didn't show up, we would have to forfeit," he said, trying to look stern.

"I know," I said, putting my hands and forearms on his chest, my hands holding onto his shoulders. He sighed and looked down at me.

"Okay, you're off the hook. But you'd better be playing your butt off today," he said, leaning down and kissing my cheek before walking over to the pitch. Katie gave me a high five, and we both picked up our brooms and walked to the pitch as well. Lee Jordan was once again announcing, and he started introducing player by player. He finished up with the Hufflepuff team and started on Gryffindor, calling out Harry's name, then Fred, George, Angelina, Alicia, and Katie.

"Now here they are, Quidditch's best couple, Oliver Wood and Maggie Smallwood!" He yelled, and Wood and I both blushed like mad as we flew up to above the middle of the pitch. Madam Hooch was there, explaining the rules and counting down until she let out the Quaffle, Bludgers, and Golden Snitch. My eyes followed the snitch, which soared up and over to the Hufflepuff section of the stands. I flew straight over, following it all the way to the opposite side of the pitch. The Hufflepuff seeker was so oblivious to what was going on, he didn't even notice me going after the snitch. I sped up so that I was right behind the snitch, but as I reached out to grab it, it swerved down to the right. I turned, following it down to a foot or to off the ground. Someone hit a bludger towards me, but I ducked so it wouldn't hit me. The snitch went straight up, and I followed it closely, only inches away. I went higher and higher, nearly passing clouds, until the snitch zoomed straight down. I followed it, nearly catching it on the way down. It moved to the left about 100 feet up, and I followed it again. It went straight down again and I reached out as far as I could, grasping it with my fingertips. I hopped off my broom, holding it up proudly as everyone returned down to the ground.

"AND SMALLWOOD WINS IT FOR GRYFFINDOR!" Lee yelled out, causing the Gryffindors to erupt in cheers. I looked across the field, seeing Wood land. I smiled and ran over to him, jumping into his arms and wrapping my legs around him.

"Good job! Maggie I'm so proud of you!" He said, turning and kissing my cheek.

"Oh Wood! Get some!" Lee yelled. "Sorry, Professor McGonagoll."

Wood and I laughed as he let me down, and I ran over to Katie and hugged her too. The whole team huddled up and sort of group hugged before retreating happily back to the locker room. Angelina came up and started congratulating me, but before she could finish, Wood interrupted her.