The Last Match

The next few weeks had gone by with me doing absolutely nothing but studying for and taking my N.E.W.Ts, which I had finally finished with a few days ago. True to their name, they were nasty and exhausting and I was overjoyed that they were over with so that I could enjoy the last month or so of my last year at Hogwarts. Today was actually the Quidditch final, we were playing Slytherin, and I couldn't have been more excited about it. I had been ready for this game for weeks, I was extremely excited because if the match went in our favor, I could be signed to a team right then and there. The match was at it's normal time, right after breakfast, and all the Gryffindors were planning on having a party whether we won or lost. I looked over at the clock that sat down on our dresser and saw that I still had about a half hour to get ready and head over to the Great Hall for breakfast. 

I sat up in bed, jumping down to the ground and opening up my dresser drawers, pulling out my Puddlemere United half zip, in case they chose to sign me, and a pair of jeans. I pulled off my pajamas quickly and tugged on my outfit for the day, sliding on my pair of chestnut Oxfords as well before I walked over to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and straightened my hair before putting on a little bit more makeup than usual, just in case I had to take pictures today, before I walked down to the common room, leaving both Amelia and Katie sleeping in their beds. I carefully tiptoed down the stairs, since a lot of people were still asleep, to the common room, which was empty except for my favorite Scottish lad, Fleur, and Bill, who had come back a few days ago for our last match. I motioned for Bill in Fleur to be quite as I silently walked up behind Oliver's chair, wrapping my arms around him and rubbing my hands on his chest and torso as I moved my head down so that it was right next to his ear. 

"Morning, handsome," I whispered, leaning over and kissing his cheek before I walked around to the front of the chair and sat in it next to him. 

"Good morning, gorgeous," he whispered, leaning over as he cupped my cheek and pressed a sweet kiss on my lips. "You excited for the match today?"

"Absolutely thrilled, I can barely contain my excitement," I answered, running my hand from his forearm to his elbow slowly and noticing that he was wearing the Puddlemere half-zip that I had gotten him for Christmas a few years back. "We're matching today."

"Indeed we are," he agreed, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me closer to him. 

"So, Fleur, do you have any plans over the summer?" I asked, turning my head so that I was facing her and Bill. 

"I do, actually. I got a summer internship at Gringotts starting at the beginning of July, the one here in London I mean, so I'll be around the Burrow every once and a while," she answered, smiling wide. I looked over at Bill, who was looking down at her with a look of utter amazement, as if anything that she did would be magical and perfect. The look nearly made my heart melt, it truly made me happy to see the both of them so happy; they were both excellent people and definitely deserved love.

"You're totally welcome to the guest room, both of you," Oliver offered, making me smile even more. I absolutely adored that he was already so acquainted with my family and that he felt comfortable enough to let them stay in our house.

"That would be wonderful, absolutely wonderful. Thanks so much, both of you," Bill answered, smiling first at Fleur and then over at us. 

"As long as you don't hog all of the food, William," I teased, sticking my tongue out at him. 

"No promises, Margaret," he answered, sticking his tongue out as well. 

"Mornin'," George grumbled as he rubbed his eyes, sleepily walking over to the couch and plopping down next to Fleur. 

"Good morning, sweet Georgie, favorite brother of mine," I joked in a sing song-y voice.

"Damn straight," he muttered sleepily as Bill feigned a hurt expression.