Hogsmeade, Round II

Today was the day of the Hogsmeade trip, and let's just say, I was overjoyed. We didn't have practice that morning, but I woke up early in order to write to Molly and to finish up some homework assignments. I sat up in bed, grabbed a quill, parchment, and a hard surface to write on, and started writing my letter,

Dear Mrs. Weasley, 

I got a date! His name is Oliver Wood, and he is the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but we had practice and I've been drowning in homework for the past few weeks. Anyways, all of the couples are going to Hogsmeade today to get the finishing touches for all our outfits (ties for the boys, jewelry, corsages, shoes for us girls, and boutonnieres for the boys) and for Christmas presents, and I'm very excited. I can't wait to see you and Mr. Weasley over the holidays, but I had a quick question. Oliver's parents are out of the country for the whole holiday break, and I'd feel terrible if he stayed here alone on Christmas. Could he come and spend the holidays with us? I understand that I'm a guess as well, and that doesn't exactly give me authority to invite people over, but I really wanted to ask. The twins like him a lot, and we all get along really well. I completely understand if you say no, but it would mean a lot to the both of us if he could go.

See you soon!

Maggie

I was almost certain that Mrs. Weasley would say yes, but then again, I could never be sure. We certainly had enough people in the house alone, and I knew that Harry was coming as well, maybe she would say that there was too many people. I sighed, folding up the letter and giving it to Chocolate, my owl, who was sitting at the edge of the window next to my bed. 

"To The Burrow okay? To Mrs. Weasley," I said, handing over the letter to Chocolate before he flew out the window. I decided to get up out of bed a little bit early to get ready, I'd just do my homework later. I jumped out of bed, woke Katie up, and walked over to my trunk.  I pulled some leggings on, followed by a white tank top and a light wash denim shirt. Since it was cold, and I knew it was probably snowing in Hogsmeade, I decided to layer up, and I added a tan colored jumper to go on top. I slid on some white knit socks and my boots, and finished up the look with a floral infinity scarf (the picture above). I then walked over to the bathroom and curled my hair into loose curls, brushed my teeth, and put on a little makeup. When I was finished, I walked into the bedroom to see if Katie was actually up. She was, and she was wearing a cute light grey sweater and some skinny jeans with some boots. 

"You ready for today?" She asked, a smile on her face.

"Indeed I am! I'm thinking of bringing my dress, in the box of course, to see what goes with it and what doesn't, and we could get last minute alterations if need be," I said, climbing up on my bed to get the box. Katie nodded.

"I will too, and so we can pick ties for the boys," she said, and I nodded.

"Hey, I'm heading down to the common room, see you in a bit," I said, tucking the box  under my arm and walking down the stairs. When the common room came into view, I could see George looking at a photo.

"What are you looking at?" I asked, moving next to see that it was the picture of Katie and I from last night when we were trying on dresses. I gasped and took the picture from his hands, sliding it in my dress box. 

"Did Wood or Fred see it?" I asked and he shook his head, allowing me to breathe a sigh of relief.

"Did Wood or Fred see what?" Wood said, walking down the stairs with a confused look on his face.

"Katie and Maggie took pictures in their dresses a few weeks ago, I found it under the couch," George said.

"Oh, let me see!" Wood said, reaching his arm out, but I shook my head.