Well, Alright

-1 month later-

I looked over at Oliver, making sure that he was still asleep before I carefully climbed out of bed and ran over to the dresser, plucking out the box I had been hiding in my pajama drawer for days. I tucked it in the waistband of my pants so to make sure he wouldn't see even if he woke up and only took them out once I had gotten into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I sighed a shaky sigh as I looked at the box and sat down on the closed toilet. 

As I opened the box with shaky hands, the realization of myself maybe being pregnant scared me absolutely witless. I was around two weeks late, and that was what worried me, since I was never even a day late before. I was scared of Oliver's reaction really, I know that Oliver wouldn't leave me or anything, but I didn't want him to be upset with me or to not be happy about the baby. A tear slipped down my cheek, a tear that I quickly wiped away as I continued opening the box, pouring the five tests out into my hand. I had decided that I was going to take them all, just to be sure. 

I took the tests quickly, yet thoroughly, since I wanted them to be accurate, and set them all on the counter as I waited the five minutes for them to tell me whether I was pregnant or not. I began pacing the bathroom, my hands running through my hair as tears slid freely and silently down my cheeks. My attention snapped to the door as I heard knocking on the door and Oliver's sleepy voice. 

"Maggie? You in there?"

"Yeah," I said simply and as steadily as I could, wiping at my tears and trying to regain my breathing. 

"You alright?"

"Yeah, totally fine," I said, looking around. "It's just...um...my," I trailed off, desperate to find an excuse. "My period. I'm on my period," I blurted out, immediately face-palming as the words left my lips. 

"Oh," he answered simply, and I could tell that by the way the door creaked that he was leaning against it. "That's too bad. I was hoping you were pregnant."

"Really?" I asked, hopping up and sitting on the counter next to the small row of tests, watching as the little timers on them climbed closer and  closer to being done.

"Of course. I was thinking about it actually, if you were to be pregnant now, by the time we get married, you wouldn't even be showing that much. It'd be around two months along, not too big. And about work, I could go and  earn us the money while you're pregnant and during maternity leave, and then you could play. We could make it work."

"Really?" I asked, happy tears springing up to my eyes this time. 

"Absolutely. I love you."

"I love you too," I answered, wiping at my tears. "I lied."

"About?"

"I'm not on my period. I'm sitting here with a few pregnancy tests, actually," I said, smiling as I walked over and opened the door, watching as his face lit up. 

"Really?" He cheered as he ran into the bathroom and stood at the counter, admiring the tests. I smiled  and closed the bathroom door again and walked over to him. "Sweetheart, were you crying?" He asked, taking my face in his hands and looking me in the eye. 

"Yeah, but don't worry. I'm alright now," I answered, smiling up at him as I jumped back up on the counter and watched as the tests ticked down. We had one minute left.

"I love you," he whispered as he hugged me tightly. I smiled and wrapped my legs around his waist, holding him close and pressing my cheek against his chest. I felt his hands rub up and down my back as I clutched onto him, my hands holding clumps of his shirt in fists. He leaned down and pressed a few kisses to my temple as the tests ticked away. Thirty seconds.