Wedding Day (Part 1)

Waking up on my wedding day was, at the same time, heartbreaking and wonderful, serene and chaotic, but I knew that I loved this man more than anything in the world and I absolutely couldn't wait to be Mrs. Oliver Wood. 

I sat up in my, well, George's bed, since I was sleeping at the Burrow with the rest of the bridesmaids, Mrs. Wood, and Mrs. Weasley. I looked over at the bed to my left and saw Fleur still asleep, so I looked at the alarm clock and realized why, it was only 7 and the wedding wasn't scheduled to begin until about 5 in the afternoon. I sighed and laid back down in the bed, staring up at the wall. All I really wanted to do was talk to Oliver, so I grabbed a piece of paper and a muggle pencil and began writing a letter to him. 

Dearest Oliver,

It's currently 7 o'clock even and I miss waking up besides you and holding you. I'll see you in a matter of hours, except those hours feel as if they are an eternity. Words cannot describe how excited I am for today, for tonight, for the rest of our lives together. I can't wait to be Mrs. Wood, I feel so left out with me being a Smallwood and you and sweet John being Woods.

Speaking of John, he is doing fantastically today. He seems to know that it's an important day for us and has decided to go easy on his Mummy, I haven't gotten sick all day. Anyways, we're fine but I miss you like crazy. See you later, my love.

With all my love,

Margaret Elizabeth (Small)Wood

I finished up the letter and handed it over to Chocolate, my owl, and smiled as she flew out the open window towards Lake Shore. I sighed and got up out of bed, slipped on a pair of shorts and a button up top, so I wouldn't ruin my hair or makeup when I had to change into my dress, and walked downstairs and into the empty kitchen. It was surprisingly spotless, for once, and I decided that I'd go ahead and make everyone some breakfast. I grabbed the ingredients for some banana pancakes and began cooking away, humming random little tunes as I worked. 

I looked up from the pancakes sizzling on the griddle to see Chocolate flying straight towards the window that was above the stove, landing right on my shoulder and dropping the letter into my hand. I opened it and smiled once I saw Oliver's small, messy scrawl.

My Love(s), 

I love you, I love you, I love you.  I miss you as well, I missed waking up with you in my arms. I'm glad to hear that  John's well, we can't have you getting sick today, can we? Anyways, I can't wait to see you later, my love. I know that you're going to be absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to be married to you.

I'll see you at 5, my love. I love you infinitely. 

Love,

Oliver Wood

I smiled and placed the letter down besides me while I continued to make the pancakes.

"Good morning," Fleur mumbled as she walked into the kitchen and sat down at the dining room table.

"Morning," I chirped, smiling over at her as I piled the pancakes onto a large plate along with the bacon and eggs I had made. "Hungry?"

"Yeah," she answered, yawning. "You're getting married today."

"I am, can you believe it?" I asked, giving her a small plate with pancakes, eggs, and bacon. "I reckon we start getting ready at noon, since it'll take a few hours to get everyone ready and dressed, and to do the pictures and things as well. The photographer is coming at 3 to take pictures of the bridesmaids with me and the groomsmen with Oliver, and I can't see Oliver, so I need you to be out there to make sure it goes alright, okay?"