The Ball

When I woke up, a giddy feeling settled over me like a blanket, I couldn't shake it off and I didn't want to. I looked at the clock in our dorm, it read 7:30. I jumped down from my bed and woke Katie up.

"Katie! It's the day of the ball! It's 7:30!" I said in an urgent whisper. Her eyes shot open and she rolled out of bed, causing me to fall onto the ground. 

"Oops, sorry," Katie said as she started changing into what we said were our "designated outfits", the outfits that we'd be wearing all day. I changed into my shorts and tee shirt and slid on my Chacos before walking over to the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror and started brushing my teeth. I was so excited to start getting ready, I could barely stop myself from jumping around and dancing. I put my hair up in a messy bun. I sat on Katie's bed, waiting for her to finish getting ready. 

"Katie, c'mon! The sooner we leave, the soon we can get ready!" I said, smiling and dancing around. Katie saw me doing that and laughed.

"Okay, okay. I'm done. Let's go," She said, causing me to jump up eagerly and practically sprint out of the dorm and down into the common room. The common room was empty except for us, everyone was probably already at breakfast. Katie and I exited the common room before walking down the stairs.

"I literally cannot wait for tonight," I said, jumping off the last three steps of the stairwell. Katie laughed at me and kept walking down the final set of stairs. We both sped up and walked a bit faster once we entered the Great Hall, rushing over to where Hermione and Angelina were sitting. 

"You both just missed the guys, they just left," Angelina said, causing Katie and I to groan at the same time. I reached down the table a bit, grabbing a banana. I peeled it and ate it, taking quick bites so we could go back upstairs. We all downed our food quickly and practically raced all the way upstairs. We ran all the way up the stairs, laughing as we did so, and all the way to the common room. I opened the common room to see the all the guys there. I smiled a bit when I saw Wood and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his lower back. 

"I have to go get ready, I'll see you at lunch?" I said, keeping my arms around him but moving my head back so I was looking into his eyes. 

"Sounds good, I'll see you later," he said, kissing my cheek. Katie and Angela were both saying their goodbyes, but Hermione and I dragged them up to our dorm. Everyone walked inside and I locked the door behind us so no one would come in. I led everyone over to the bathroom and started drawing the water for the bathes, adding lots of bubbles to each one.

"Everyone close their eyes," I said when my tub was full, and when everyone did, I stripped off my clothes and sat in the tub, covering myself with the bubbles. "Okay, you can open them," I said, laying back in the tub. Katie, Angelina, and Hermione all got into their tubs as well, everyone closing their eyes to respect each other's privacy.

"So Katie and Angelina, what are your holiday plans?" I asked as I began to lather my hair with shampoo. 

"I'm vacationing with my family, we're going to France," Angelina said,

"I'm going home to see my parents, Fred asked if I would want to come over sometime," Katie said, smiling. I smiled and took the shower head and started rinsing out the shampoo from my hair. Everyone else did the same, and I started to put conditioner in my hair. I let it sit for a minute or two before rinsing it out. When I was done washing my hair, I started shaving my legs. 

"Maggie, are you staying with the Weasleys? Permanently?" Hermione asked rather bluntly. I gulped, continuing to shave as I talked. 

"Well, I think so at least. I don't have any God parents, and they offered to let me live there, so I guess I am," I said right as I finished up shaving. I reached over to my robe and covered myself before I stood up and got out of the tub. I tied my robe quickly and drained the water from my tub, everyone else doing the same. I decided to let my hair air-dry, since we still had a few hours until lunch and I walked over to the showers to change. I closed the door to the shower (which was wooden, not see through), and changed quickly. I folded my robe up and packed it away in my trunk, quickly walking back to the bathroom. Katie was painting my nails first, then we would switch, and Hermione was doing Angelina's.